bees on figs

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by daisybeans, Oct 5, 2009.

1. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Hello everyone! I have missed my GS friends since my schedule changed but I'm trying to make time to catch up. I hope everyone is doing great!

I may have solved my picture resizing challenge. I'm going to test it out here. My fig trees have been loaded with big delicious sweet figs. I don't pick all of them purposely, because they attract so many bees. Now I am seeing a lot of yellow jackets as well, but still a lot of bumble bees and (I think) a honey bee from time to time. Take a look. Correct me if I have misidentified.

[​IMG]
    is that a honey be or two among the yellow jackets? ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]
    big bumble and another yellow jacket... ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. S-H
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Kildale
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hello there Miss Beans, it sure is nice to see you back on here. Sorry to hear about your schedule change, but hopefully you can find time now and then to make a few postings.

This one was a good one. In the first foto i saw mostly honeybees. All the fotos showed the various bees and yellow jackets nicely.
    It was quite nice of you to let some remain on the tree for them.

Welcome back.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hey Daisy it's great to see you back with your GS family again!!! :D What brilliant shots of your figs and feasting bees and yellow jackets. Our plum tree looked a lot like you fig as we left quite a lot of fruits for the wildlife to enjoy too.
    I hope you'll keep popping in when time allows as we miss having you here.

5. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

It is nice to be back Eileen and Sjoerd. I miss it so much when I get over-scheduled. I'm trying to finagle some computer time.

I'm happy you saw the honey bees in there Sjoerd. I know you love bees.

Eileen, my trees are in front of two windows so I can watch the goings on. Very entertaining for Austin the cat. The cardinals like the figs too.

Advertisement
  6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Good to see your posting. Hope the year goes well, I certainly understand the over-scheduling dilemna. Take care of yourself in these busy times.

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

:)... Yes, I liked seeing the bees. It is tue about me liking bees. I see them as partners and as such...friends.