2010 Olympic Coke Zero bottle

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by whistler, Feb 12, 2010.

1. whistler

whistler Seedling

So many people, so few bottles of Coke Zero being passed out to the crowd as the Olympic torch passed through my town on its way to Vancouver. I managed to jump into the street with my 2 dogs and claim they were thirsty and I got handed a bottle. Which my husband promptly cracked open and drank - claimed he was thirsty! Even though it looks like a bottle, its really an aluminum can. Look closely for the Olympics and torch emblems.

[​IMG]
    Coke Zero bottle for 2010 Olympics ( photo / image / picture from whistler's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

How exciting to have the Olympic torch pass through your town!!! Do you live close enough to attend any of the games or activities? Neat bottle/can too. You snagged a good keepsake.

4. blackrose

blackrose In Flower

You're lucky to get one! Nice keepsake I agree.

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

He drank it? :eek: I always believed that bottles were more worth with the contents intact.

Well done upon getting one, though! I hope you enjoyed your day out.

Advertisement
  6. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

They are worth alot more Droopy, unopened. Oh well, what do ya do when a guy is thirsty? :rolleyes: Neat 'can'!

7. whistler

whistler Seedling

Here's a few more photos of some of the vehicles. I swapped my husband the dogs for the camera and can you believe he didn't take a photo of the guy carrying the torch 10 feet in front of us! I don't know that the can is worth anything empty or full. Yeah, I couldn't believe it. As soon as I got back to the sidewalk, he took the Coke from me and opened it up. I was planning to save it. We live close enough to where the events are taking place but don't have an extra couple of thousand in our bank account to spend on tickets. They were hugely expensive and had to be bought online so not everyone got tickets who wanted them. Its not like the average Joe can afford them. There are some free events at a park in our town: music concerts, RCMP musical ride, etc that I'm hoping to get to. Unfortunately there is no parking in that area and the shuttle service was cancelled. It'll be a zoo trying to get there. Arnold Schwartzenegger was carrying the torch this morning in Vancouver and apparently was a huge swarm of people and security not so good.

[​IMG]
    Vancouver 2010 Olympics truck where the flame is carried ( photo / image / picture from whistler's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Some of the 2010 torch relay vehicles ( photo / image / picture from whistler's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Olympics Coca Cola truck ( photo / image / picture from whistler's Garden )

8. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

You must be excited for the olympics to begin, I know I am.

When the summer olympics were in Atlanta, the torch bearer passed by the college where I worked and we all went out and cheered, it was very exciting. The she was a runner from our town who had won a gold medal. (I forget her name) :oops:

9. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

I am excited too. But I can also understand the frustration that locals may feel when the events are too expensive for the regular folks. If I were in charge, I'd designate a portion of the tickets to be sold to lcoals at reasonable prices as compensation for the inconveniences that do come along with events of that size -- traffic, use of resources, etc.

I hope you can get to some of the free events Whistler!

10. whistler

whistler Seedling

I just heard on the news that someone from South Carolina just bought a ticket from a scalper for the opening ceremonies that are starting soon. Face value $1100 bucks. Yikes! I mean who can really afford these things? He did well. Got it for $750 so the scalpers are losing money! Yay! Gotta love hearing stories like that. But I would have still passed at $750.

I'm not really into the Olympics so its not like I would have gone out of my way to save up and buy tickets and then fight the traffic trying to get there. My husband volunteered at the Calgary Olympics in 1988 so he's a bit more interested than I am.

He had an accident on December 3 and tore out his left rotator cuff, severing 3 tendons and all other kind of damage. He got a surgery date Feb 17. He got called 2 days ago and due to the Olympics all surgeons have to release one week of operating room space just in case an athlete needs surgery, so he's been rescheduled for March 5. Not too happy with the Olympics right now. What are the chances that operating room will sit empty? But just in case....

11. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Healing vibes for your husband, Whistler. I hope he'll mend fast once his surgery is over. I'm still in shock over the ticket prices. :eek: