2011 Fishers Renaissance Faire

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by TheBip, Oct 4, 2011.

1. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Only a few pics right now, waiting for Gramma Katie to email more :)

We went to the Ren Faire on Sunday. It was me, Gramma Katie, Grampa Lucky (they arent my biological grandparents, I just unofficially adopted them cause I dont have any living grandparents :) ), Mike and my bf Bob (he's the only one of us who didnt dress, so I dont think we have any pics of him lol). Katie and I made our own outfits, and she made Lucky's. My chemise was muslin, my skirt and bodice (which is unboned) were from bedsheets bought at Goodwill...great place! The cloak is fleece. I made the rabbit skin pouch from a fur I had (I have a whole box of furs) and added the fox and coyote tail. Tails are kind of a Ren Faire staple lol
    Katie got her outfit from Goodwill, she just changed a few things here and there, like the overdress she just slit down the front and added grommets and lacing. Lucky's outfit was a pair of Goodwill pajamas and a shirt from a ladies department store (dont remember the name). His hat was Katie's graduation hat with trim and feathers added. Mike's outfit was from last year, I dont know if he bought it or made it.

Lucky and Katie
    [​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from TheBip's Garden )

Katie and me (my eyes are closed cause they were burning from the sun o_O)
    [​IMG]

Katie, Giant and me
    [​IMG]

Mike, me, Katie and Lucky
    [​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Great costumes and Hi Bip!!

We have a local one, Scarborough Rennaissance Festival south of Dallas. We haven't been in years but the last time we went our youngest daughter was about 5 at the time and was made a Lady by the Queen when she heard that her middle name is Eowyn and she was carrying a sword.

4. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Very nice Jen,..i like your display of furs,..seems like a great day was had by all.

5. kathyd

kathyd In Flower

Love the costumes...looks like so much fun. I can almost hear the Renaissance Music playing in the background. ;)

6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

The Ren Fair in this area starts this weekend. It's held near Magnolia where that bad wildfire was recently.