A Bit of eBay Success.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Doghouse Riley, Oct 26, 2023.

1. Doghouse Riley

Doghouse Riley Young Pine

We.ve bought three Ekornes "Stressless" recliners over the last fifteen years. Two are in the lounge. The one my wife uses has a side table, as does the one in the front room which I use.
    These fit onto the arm of the chairs either side.

I decided that I needed another table as I've "too many remotes."
    I use the side table for my remote computer mouse and pad. I don't like using the one on my laptop.
    I have a small coffee table, so the remotes lived on there.
    But if I came into the room with a cup of coffee and something on a plate, there was nowhere to put them.

What I needed was another table!

I checked on Ekornes website. Would you believe these tables are now £89?

So I looked on eBay and found a couple of second-hand ones available, but I thought £50 for them was a bit steep.

So I looked through "completed listings" to see for what they sell.

I do this often, before I buy anything on eBay. It gives you a guide price as to how much people are willing to pay, as items which sold are listed with the price in green. Those that didn't sell are in black.

I found a new one which had been listed at £40, the auction had expired two weeks ago and it hadn't been relisted.

So I e-mailed the vendor and asked if it were still available and what they wanted for it. We settled on £35.
    It arrived today, was in its original packaging, even the screw and bolt to attach the bracket was still in an opened plastic bag!

Anyway, it's all systems go now. These tables will turn 360 degrees and move further away, or closer to the chair.
    The four remotes are for TV, Virgin Tivo box, Humax tuner/recorder and Sound bar.
    I've two other remotes on a shelf under the table for a second Humax tuner/recorder and my CD/DVD player.

[​IMG]

I know you can programme one remote to control other appliances, but I can't be bothered with it.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2023
    Logan, Sjoerd and Melody Mc. like this.
  2. Loading...