A few assorted photos from our weekend away

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by toni, May 25, 2010.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

These are photos of fun/interesting things we saw this past weekend.

These cuties live on the property where our cabin is. There is a pony too but it had wandered away when we were leaving so it lost out on a photo opportunity.
    [​IMG]
    Mom and Baby ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

This is a real, honest to goodness old time Five and Dime....complete with plastic toy dinosaurs, little green army men and all those other treasures that are memories of childhood.
    [​IMG]
    A blast from the past ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

We were driving down an out of the way side road and saw this. It's one of the best pieces of garden junque I have seen in a long time. ;) The sign around it's neck says his name is Fred. What a coincidence, my garden's name if Fred.

[​IMG]
    A piece of garden 'junque' to beat all others ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

There are 7 cabins on the farm including the one we were in, this funky building is next to the one just up the road from us. Just found out that the building is a corn crib.
    [​IMG]
    Outhouse or shed, it is adorable ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

The farm owner also has a flock of about 8 sheep, they wander the property bothering no one. As we were leaving yesterday we caught sight of the flock off in the distance but this one seemed to be on guard. He stared at us until we drove off, then went back to eating.
    [​IMG]
    Guarding the flock ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Odif
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Jewell
      Replies:
      Views:

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Looks like a fun weekend! I'd love to visit that Five & Dime!

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Toni my eyes almost popped out of my head when I saw the first photograph. I had to look twics because, at first glance, I thought 'mum' had a set of antlers. :D

I love Dooley's Five and Dime store, the garden junque called Fred and the corn crib. What interesting things you find when you're away from home. I hope you have more pictures to show us as I really enjoyed these ones.

5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Absolutely marvelous pics, Toni. There was a bit of everything. I liked the looks of the corn crib...I liked it alot. One could almost guess it's function by looking at the fundament. This is a very interesting-looking stryucture, Toni.
    Thanks for the great pics...and judging from your pics and text a good time was had by all.

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I thought "mum" had antlers too! I love that cow too ... he really needs to be in your garden Toni!
    Dooley, did you open a store? :D

7. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Great pictures...