A good trip to Lowes

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by margie12u, Nov 12, 2009.

1. margie12u

margie12u In Flower

Hi There Stewies, I had a good trip to the Lowes store today, They had seeds on sale They were 2.98 a pck and today I got them for .50 cents a pack I was lovin it.I bought 20 packs. I thought my hubby was going to fall over when I told him, Because I already, But I got to play with my seeds again. I got a couple of Trillium do you all like them do they grow pretty good? Am I the only one that goes crazy and buys that many packages of seeds at one time, I was happy like it was Christmas or something,My hubby is still talking about it I think he wanted to clobber me.He just dosen't understand about us seeders,He will like them when they come up this spring.
    Gotta go I'll be back Margie

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. petunia

petunia Young Pine

I understand where your coming from. At the end of last winter I bought atleast 20 packs thru a company off the intern. I love it. I still have some seeds I'll be able to try this winter. But you can bet I'll be going thru that company again and gathering seeds.
    Margie, have you been able to start that extra plant room yet?

4. margie12u

margie12u In Flower

Flower rooms

Hi Petunia, I have kinda started my room because I brought in my big Hibiscus Tree in And my Hibiscus Bush I brought in all of my Dusty millers 5 of them that are about a ft. and a half high.I brought in my coleous in I have four of them, I have some I potted some up that friends have sent me, So now I'm just about out of the room completely,But you know us Stewies we will make room on the ceiling if we have to, I'm still going to make some shelves like yours if I can move things around, And move a few of my Hubbies things out of there,I cant wait to plant my little seeds again that friends have sent to me,and to see what surprises I have next spring, I will let you know in a few days how things are progressing We can always make room here here and there.Next week I plan to make some big moves in there,I so happy my Hibiscus are blooming since I brought them in they are so yellow.Have you put anything else in your room yet? Well I didn't mean to talk your head of but I got carried away.

Have A Nice Evening Margie

5. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Hey gang......... :D
    There is nothing wrong with being addicted to seeds that we sow..After 8 years of swapping , I can say folks are talking about my flowers here in my Village.

Awesome is the word they use.. An I could not of bought all that stuff yearly , without swapping an like you said sales on seeds........

It makes me an all the friends and neighbors smile.

Watch someones face when you hand them a flower. They will smile.Try it ..

Keep on gardening flowers an veggies......there is nothing more beautiful in colors ..

KEEP ON SOWING .......

Advertisement
  6. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Margie,
    I have over 100 plants in my Plant room. Even my daughter couldn't beleive. She says to me "mom you only have probably 50." Well there is 50 just on one unit alone. And I have 2 other unit shelves. So Yes I have over 100 plants. My geraniums, & coleus, spider plants, 2 Jade plants, christmas cactuses, 4-5 Alo Vera plants, arrowhead plants, 3 impatiens, My room is full. And I just planted some Herb seeds to see what I could grow inside. I planted about 6 differant kinds. and would like to sqeeze in a few more. Good luck with your new room. Keep us updated. If possible show us some picies of those plants I'd like to see them all.

7. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Show us the photos????

How to do it ???

Gee my house is messed too.

bali

8. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

I have one 2 shelf unit with plant lights in my spare bedroom too, Margie. How do you know when the seeds you save are too old without planting them.

9. petunia

petunia Young Pine

GG
    I'm not sure there's a way unless one plants the seed and they don't come up. Seems there was a post on this subject somewhere.

10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Congrats on your garden success, Barb. I'll bet that you get lots of nice comments from visitors or passers-by. i have seen some of your flowers that you have shown on here and can just imagine what the overview must look like.
    It sounds like you've got the swapping thing down to a fine art.

I wish that I had the room to bring in tender plants for the winter. If I did I would grow a few exotic specimens.

11. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Here is one I bring in ..Bloomed about a month or more ago.. Thanksgiving cactus.

Thanks for the nice words Sjord.......I am learning right with the swappers......It has been a lovely ride on all the swapps........I am in such a high wind place, no way I can build a green house. Cold.

Today I found a purple Bromelaid in bloom.. I never did those before. Last years adoptions.. $2.00

Here is my photo.
    [​IMG]

12. Martina09

Martina09 New Seed

Great trip, thanks for sharing. Making my list right now

13. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

They should be throwing them out right now . DOne blooming......

I didnt go to Lowes for weeks now. Roads are not to my liking..

b

14. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

beautiful pics bsewn!

i'm happily guilty of purchasing LOTS OF SEED when the price goes down too!

one can take a few of the seeds and put them between two dampened newspaper pieces, (some use wet paper towels, but i find their roots get stuck in the weave), and then put in a plastic baggie in a warm place like the top of your refridgerator. check every day. keep them damp.

give them plenty of time and you should eventually see them sprout. sometimes, the seed will just rot or go to mush if they won't germinate.

15. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I like finding sales like that.Its so nice to go through all the seeds.

16. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Hi Glenda,

Are you at home now or away/
    I been off for a while .......dead puter.

I got the 20cent fern an are lovin it .

Hows the newlyweds an babies/

b