a new experiment

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by gardennut, Jun 15, 2014.

1. gardennut

gardennut Seedling

I decided to take one of the Amaryllis and put it outside and see what happens, I also did some work in the Iris beds. I cut the stems down to the rhzomes and also cut the faded and dead rose blooms off the rose bush, I also have some weeds around the iron pole that I need to get rid of, I planted some moonflower seeds and will see what happens with them. The plants in the picture window were getting a bit too tall so I unwound them and put them where they will wind around themselves. My poinsetta is dying, I think I overwatered it, I have it under the flourescent lamp but it is not recovering, I guess it is done for, it did live for quite some time, I got it in December and it lived until now, that is 7 months! Also the asiatic lily is just about ready to bloom, will take pictures when it finally does.

2. Loading...

3. gardennut

gardennut Seedling

asiatic lily has bloomed!

I looked outside and the asiatic lily has bloomed, here is the bloom it is gorgeous!!!!

[​IMG]
    asiatic lily ( photo / image / picture from gardennut's Garden )

Tina, cherylad and purpleinopp like this.
  4. Beeker

Beeker In Flower

That lily is beautiful!
    As for the poinsettia, can you re-pot it? Even if it is back in its old soil, just to get the roots a little air and see what shape they are in? If it is warm enough, maybe you can put it outside for some indirect sun and fresh air. Just don't let it be exposed to temperatures lower than 55 degrees.