A Pet's Ten Commandments

Discussion in 'Pets' started by kuntrygal, Feb 14, 2009.

1. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand you voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you.

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.

~ Take a moment today to thank God for your pets. Enjoy and take good care of them.

~ Life would be a much duller, less joyful experience without God's critters.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Sjoerd
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. 2ofus
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh if only all the pet owners would abide by those commandments Gaylyn. Those should be hung on the wall in every vets' surgery.

4. bethie

bethie Young Pine

I hope Nobody is Ever hitting their dog!!! Usually just a look is all it takes to bring my German Shepherds back to "Good Boy." 8)

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Great rules Gaylyn.

Advertisement
  6. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

I received this as an email, and the part about 'hitting me' almost made me sick. I could never ever hit my sweet little baby. I did forward the email to my vet, so hopefully they will post it. Another part that hit me like a gut punch, was #10. Some say they couldn't stay with their pet during the end. I held my last poodle till the very end and boo-hooed like a nut.

On a brighter note, everyone go hug your baby and give them a treat! :)

7. wilsonmian

wilsonmian Seedling

Hi,
    its really great thinking.

8. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Very special words, made me tearful. Number 8 was the one that caught my eye. My kitty cat Missy is needing some TLC of late. She had some seizures last weekend and we went directly to the Emergency Vet. They ran blood tests and found she has hyperthyroidism which MAY account for her seizures...they're not sure.... she's been taking her medicine very nicely, but she acts quite withdrawn and lethargic. I'm hoping for the best. She's 14. So yeah, I will definately hug my girl...

9. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I had to leave my little buddy but I will take him next time But dooly and Bob love him lots for me and I did call and talk to him but he has been getting lots of love and care since I got home.To have that last ride will be the hardest trip I ever take.I can't even think about it.