A small town garden

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by i love bugs, May 20, 2006.

1. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are some photos of a small front and back garden I designed and built 3 years ago . I'm back to do more work and took these photos this morning.
    There are 3 seating areas designed to take advantage of the sun for sitting out. There are a lot of lights and it looks stunning at night .
    8) Bugs

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

That looks magnificent Bugs. It looks to have come along and filled out really nicely. I'm guessing the first two photos are the back and the final photo the front? Just think how much value, tangible and intangible a garden like that adds to the value of a property. Very talented.

Any chance of some night time shots. Actually perhaps not, I'm sure you have better things for doing in the evening :D

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I really, really love it Bugs!!! It must make you so proud to know that it's all your own work. Looking forward to piccies of all the other gardens you're doing!!! (hint, hint) :D

5. i love bugs

For Eileen , :D these are two of my maintenance jobs yesterday .
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    8) Bugs

Advertisement
  6. eileen

Oh I love the colours in that first mature border!!! Are those ceanothus at the end of the gardens? They certainly make striking focal points. :) The stripes in the lawns add length to the gardens too and the island in the second picture is so well placed. You must love your work Bugs as it's one that gives so much job satisfaction I would imagine.

Thanks for the photographs and I look forward to seeing many more. :-D

Edited to ask if you could name some of the plants in the first piccie pleass - common as well as Latin. Thanks.

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I agree with Eileen, what a focal point in the second photo. My eye was drawn straight to it. I like the way the lawn forks towards the end as well. Stunning stuff.

8. i love bugs

[​IMG]
    the lovely light pink is the judas tree
    Cercis siliquastrum, the pics don't do it justice
    [​IMG]
    the garden pond
    [​IMG]
    this garden is less than three years old
    [​IMG]
    another angle on the small town garden , the deck below is coming out on monday and a new surface called bergerac is being put down . The ugly shed is going to get a mosaic put on it,
    Unfortunately the sun is beaming in the window and I cant see the plants properly to name them , but will do so later
    8) Bugs

9. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Beautiful!

10. eileen

Bugs I know I'm a pain but what is the red shrub in the 3rd picture please? It's really striking. :-D
    What kind od mosaic are you putting on the shed door? Oh I can't wait - I love seeing what others do with gardens. :D

11. i love bugs

No problem , ask all the questions you like :D
    The plant is Photinia Red Robin .It never ceases to amaze me how much women like it . It is very popular here in Ireland . The red leaves only come out in the Spring and will turn green later .I will prune it back when this happens to encourage fresh red leaves next year .
    We have not decided on the mosaic yet , I think the client may do it herself . I like to encourage people to do as much as possible themselves as it gives them a greater sense of achievement.
    Although I designed and built the garden I think it more than reflects the personality of the client, She has added little touches , pots , stones , plants that make it what is .
    8) Bugs

12. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

That is just jaw-droppin' gorgeous - the angled flagstone and the way it all comes together on the slope - wonderful. I want to live there!

13. eileen

Thanks for the info Bugs. :-D I keep looking at your photographs and thinking about that ceanothus. I think I'll move mine and start to train it as a standard instead of a bush. I also want to incorporate a Photinia Red Robin into the garden - somewhere!!! :rolleyes:

14. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Looking at the photos again this morning - what is that marvelous blue thing growing at the end/curve of the lawn, where you had to mow around the little bush? The shade of the blooms is wonderful with the rest.

15. i love bugs

Hi Primsong , the blue plant is Ceonothus "glory de versailles" Although everything in this garden is only 3 years old , that particular plant is in the next door neighbours :D but my client gets the full benefit. that plant is about 40 years old.
    8) Bugs

16. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Bugs thanks for posting your gorgeous photos!!! I love your work!!! It is beautiful!! i agree with Primsong I want to live there!!! Great work!