Adventures in Ponding 2003

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Pianolady, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

2003 is the year I started adding to the current site of my pond. My first pond in that area was a 40 gallon round stock tank. It was nice, but way to small for fish to overwinter.
    [​IMG]

So, my son and I started digging for a new pond. We soon found out that using a liner is so much easier than trying to dig a hole for a prefab pond. This new pond is the same small pond still there today.
    [​IMG]

Once we trimmed the two out and added the little bridge, it was cute.
    [​IMG]

That lasted a month, but then I wanted koi, and my current 200 gallon pond just wasn't going handle that. So the 40 gallon tub got removed and I started digging again. Squeezed in about 800 gallons by digging so deep, and making no shelves.
    [​IMG]

On a 100º day, I decide it would be neat if the two ponds connected and the fish could swim under the bridge. Only problem is one liner is xavan, the other is rubber, and you're not supposed to seam those. I tried anyway, and the seam lasted for two years.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was nice while it lasted, then the seam failed and I didn't try it again. Which brings me back to its current state, and hubby built a new bridge for it.

2. Loading...

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

That is really a pretty Pond .The bridge and all.I do like it .

4. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

I love your pond!!

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

PL your pond is so magnificent, I mean it. I think the bridge makes all the difference :D