An Awesome Sale

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by FlowerFreak22, Jan 24, 2010.

1. FlowerFreak22

FlowerFreak22 In Flower Plants Contributor

I sometimes like to wander around my local nursery just to see what they have and what new things they might have. I was there a while ago and saw some interesting plants that caught my attention, but were out of my price range. Well, yesterday I went back just to browse and noticed that they were having a sale. There were things marked 50%-75% off including some of the things that I liked the last time I was there. I got very excited and could not help myself. I bought three plants: a Nepenthes alata(Winged Pitcher Plant), and two Agave parryi(Parry's Agave). (By the way, I have a thing for odd plants :p) The pitcher plant was $17.99 and 50% off and the agave were $24.99 and 75% off. A $70 haul for only the price of $20. I say that was most definitely a good day and I'm very happy. :D

2. Loading...

3. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Great job and good shopping. It is so much fun find the perfect new plants. :-D

4. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Great job and good shopping. It is so much fun find the perfect new plants. :-D

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Isn't it great to find plants, seeds or bulbs on sale?!! :D
    I Just picked up 2 rhubarb plants, an onion set, 2 packs of anemones, a bag packed full of daffodil bulbs, 6 hyacinth bulbs and a pack of lovely orange tulip bulbs at a local garden centre. They only cost me £4 instead of nearly £30.
    I think you and I would have a wonderful time if we shopped together as I love unusual plants too and can't resist them when I see them on sale.

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I love the feeling I get when I find a good plant sale :D

7. drissel122

drissel122 In Flower

I would have had to sing the "Hallelujah Chorus" after such a great haul. O Happy Day is right!

8. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

I too, love to haunt the local nurseries (2 of which I worked at) This is a great time of year to find bargains. They really want to clear out to make room for spring plants you know. Its also not so hectic for the employees, they take good care of the plants, and can spend more time chatting and showing whats on sale. Nothing like visiting a nursery to inhale the earthy aroma! It is quite hard to resist bringing something home! ;)

9. FlowerFreak22

FlowerFreak22 In Flower Plants Contributor

It really is hard to resist buying everything that is on sale. I just keep telling myself that I'm broke and that seems to work :p .