Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD)

Discussion in 'Garden Design' started by BrandonBoston, Sep 14, 2007.

1. BrandonBoston

BrandonBoston New Seed

As part of my quest to gain more information about becoming a landscape designer, I came across this professional organization.

http://www.apld.com/

Are any of you members? Or does anyone know of any other professional associations I should consider joining?

Thanks!

Brandon
    Salem, MA

2. Loading...

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Brandon, I am sure there are other professional organizations for landscaping designs available. There are also some cool software on the internet that will help you get a head start in your landscaping design ideas.

Kathleen H

4. bradytimes

bradytimes New Seed

My local university (BYU) has a landscape management program and graduates are to take the Certified Landscape Professional (CLP) test. They also encourage their students to become involved in professional organizations (e.g., PLANET, ISA, APLD, ASLA, UNLA, etc.). See https://learningoutcomes.byu.edu/wiki/i ... agement_BS.

5. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

FYI...I worked as a landscape designer for several years. Although I loved the design process and dealing with people, the job was mostly a sales job...we worked on commission, and our paycheck depended on how many plants we sold.

If you're really serious about the profession, you may want to consider going back to school and getting a 4-year degree in Landscape Architecture...you'll be able to get a good job at a reputable landscape firm. I loved it while I was in it (over 10 years), ended up managing a garden center, and now I work as a librarian...don't know what I'll do next!!! You can do anything you set out to do...good luck, and happy new year!