Baby Doves and Hummingbirds

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by sensibullmastiffs, May 14, 2009.

1. sensibullmastiffs

sensibullmastiffs New Seed

Hello my name is Tracy and I am from Southwestern Ontario Canada. I just joined today but have had a chance to go through and look at some of your beautiful photos and think I even managed to identify some of the birds I wasn't quite sure what they were visiting my yard <G> I put up an Oriole feeder a couple of days ago for the very first time and the very next morning I had the first Oriole to ever come into my yard (well atleast that I ever saw anyway) He didn't drink from the feeder but instead pecked at the empty bowl on top where I hadn't had a chance to put 1/2 an orange in yet...note to self go to grocery and get oranges ASAP! Have not seen him come back yet. The House Finches seem to really enjoy drinking from the Oriole feeder as they have been regular visitors every day this week especially the male!!!

Attached are a couple of pics I've taken, hope they attach okay. Mamma left the nest so seized the opportunity to get a birds eye view of her babes!!!

[​IMG]
    Baby Doves in hanging basket on garden shed porch. ( photo / image / picture from sensibullmastiffs's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Hummingbirds coming into feed ( photo / image / picture from sensibullmastiffs's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Oh my goodness that picture of the baby doves is so precious. Those doves... they will build a nest anywhere won't they? Welcome to you (from Maryland) and thanks for the pics.

4. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I love the baby doves I've never seen any up close.The hummers are a joy.

5. Green_Numb

Green_Numb In Flower

cool pics, i like the effects you put on them..

Advertisement
  6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I love to see hummingbird photos since we don't have hummingbirds here. Your doves are so cute! :D

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Great shots Tracy!

8. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

Hello Tracy, welcome from a fellow bird lover. What a lovely photo of the baby doves, and your humming birds are beautiful.

9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Tracy and welcome to GardenStew. I love your photographs as I've never seen baby doves or hummingbirds. I hope you'll share more of your pictures with us. :stew1: