Bad A$$ Wannabe

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Cayuga Morning, Jul 20, 2022.

1. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

PXL_20220717_113431446.MP_compress11.jpg

You know how you can tell she's a Wannabe? Look where she put her left foot. It's on the passenger's foot rest.

Logan, Sjoerd, Pacnorwest and 4 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

This foto pulls my heartstrings.
    When I was at uni, I had a Harley to go back and forth to class on. Mine was a Sportster. Oh, what a lovely thing it was. It was great to ride, but it limited the dates I could get. Haha.

it is wonderful to see that fine machine. Please tell more about it and why you are mounting it. You sort of look like one of those dolly's they hire to sit on the machines at the shows and look pretty. Cackle. Hey!!— could this be a part time job for you to earn pocket change.?

Get yer motor runnin’ ……….

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Lordy girl, put on a helmet! It makes identifying the body so much easier. And where are your leathers? Instead of calling you Cayuga Morning, do we now need to start calling you "Snake"?
    I sat on a bucking bull once, but never was brave enough to get on a 'cycle!

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Nice! The bike suits you. I love the sound they make but maybe that's not allowed to say anymore since they're going electric.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Cayu—please tell more about that bike.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  7. Cayuga Morning

@Sjoerd Sorry, I didn't see your post until now. I can tell you more about the woman who owns that bike, less about the bike itself, other than it's pretty big. It would flatten me if I had the misfortune of it falling on me.

That bike belongs to a friend of mine. She's quite a character. She's large for a woman, not fat, but big and can manage that Harley very well. It may be hard to tell in the photo but it's a big bike.

She has ovarian cancer and because the disease is so often misdiagnosed and undiagnosed until it has badly progressed, she decided to raise awareness of the disease by riding her Harley alone from the west coast of the US (Oregon) to the coast of Maine. She raised just under $50,000 which she donated to various organizations supporting research into OC.

Definitely one of life's movers and shakers. She's also a thoroughly delightful character. Very funny.

Sjoerd, Pacnorwest, Droopy and 2 others like this.
  8. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

Sounds like a strong bike for a strong lady. It is a beauty.

What a wonderful gift she is giving back to others on her journey. Sounds like she is a beauty as well.

That is quite the grin there Cayuga....warmed up my cold toes that did. :)

Pacnorwest, Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.
  9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Cayu—Thanks for that story about your remarkable friend. Chapeau to her.
    Too bad you did not have more info on the bike, but your info was far more important.

Mei— chuckle the cold toes are defrosting, eh. That Cayu has major curative properties, doesn’t she.

10. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Sjoerd….How lucky she was to do the very thing in life she loved the most. I am grateful for her story and that she made the coast to coast ride safely….:sete_013:great story…

Sjoerd and Cayuga Morning like this.
  11. Cayuga Morning

@Sjoerd, I just remembered that bike is called a Glide. Does that mean anything to you? Did your Bride ever accompany you on your Sportster?

Pacnorwest, Sjoerd and Melody Mc. like this.
  12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Yes…I know it. It Is a type of Harley Davidson, called a “street glide”, I think. Your pic up above looks like an older model.
    My sportster I had at uni and I continued riding it until I was working. Finally the thing died and I sold what was left and bought an auto. I sorely regretted giving it up, but it was time to be a bit more responsible. An auto made a more responsible transportation choice. This was all before I met my Bride. I met her in my 30’s and the motorcycle was long gone by then.

There really is nothing like riding a motorcycle on the open road. However, I liken it to riding in a helicopter and I had plenty of that during my military service and for my work in Alaska. Exciting times. The Sportster was my only transportation during school and early work years and so primarily used on city streets. Every once and awhile I could take a couple of days off and then off I’d go on a little quickie trip.

Cayuga Morning and Pacnorwest like this.
  13. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

She's no wannabee. She's definitely bad-a$$ and I mean that in the most awesome way.

14. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Sounds like you had a great time. Your so right about riding on the open road. We road thru the mountains in the Colorado Rockies and canyons in summers. It’s almost like flying…

Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.
  15. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

[​IMG]
    WOW!!!

Pacnorwest likes this.
  16. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Kk Ng… I recently read a article that ZigWheels is a popular motor bike in your country. Easily maneuvers thru crowded city streets.

Cayuga Morning likes this.