Big Projects & special plant arrived!..........

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by luvdirtyhands1, Apr 21, 2012.

1. luvdirtyhands1

luvdirtyhands1 Seedling

I am knee-deep in big projects, this year. I had brain surgery 4 yrs. ago & couldn't garden for most of that time. Had most of flowerbeds put back into lawn. This year i'm letting my young helper do the digging & putting all my flowerbeds back! Still waiting for a good amt. of plants I ordered, so can't really plant the beds yet, but they're all ready & waiting. Yesterday I did the circular raised bed, bordered in flagstone, that's in front yard. It has a small evergreen in the middle & I have always put impatiens around tree, simply b'cause they do well there & provide LOTS of color. This year I wanted to try something different. I put in pale purple, magenta & white cosmos & mulched them real pretty. It looks so cute! Hope they do well there. Got my blue passion flower yesterday! Have been waiting impatiently for it. Have a big pole in back yard, near patio, that I want it to vine around. Can't wait to see it in bloom! Busy, busy me!

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Pics ... we need pics!! It sounds as though you're off to a good start with your garden. :stew1:

4. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

i agree...we need pics!!! to have been through what you have is a miracle and a blessing..put all that energy in your garden Luv.!!! Act like a gopher and go for it!!!!
    :-D

stratsmom likes this.
  5. luvdirtyhands1

luvdirtyhands1 Seedling

I'm enjoying every single day, hummerbun. I don't need fancy "things" and travel to exotic places anymore (though I once did). I get so much joy from my garden, my parrots, my chihuahua and my kids & my two sweet grandbabies. Oh, and of course, my hubby! LOL!. I have another brain aneurysm that unfortunately is inoperable, so I know that every day God blesses me with is so precious. I don't worry about what could happen.... I just enjoy every little thing, while I can.

6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

luvdirtyhands1, Yes, enjoy life. You sound like you have a good outlook. Now go get that camera ready for we insist, he who is a member in good standing here must take piccys, piccys,piccys.

Barb in Pa.

P.S. My daughter had a sort of brain aneurysm of sorts. It was in the whole mid brain. Where is yours?