Big thunderstorm rolling in!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by daisybeans, Jun 10, 2009.

1. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

We have been having big thunderstorms the past few days. This is the one that rolled in at about 4 p.m. The clouds were roiling and the wind made the trees wild. These pics don't nearly capture the beauty. Or the rain! The rain poured so fast my gutters couldn't keep up with it. The last pic looks deceptively light! It was as dark as dusk.

[​IMG]
    beginning to roll in ... ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]
    The edge of the storm. ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Big dark storm clouds... ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Hard to see how heavy the wind and rain were. ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]
    After the storm sky... ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Those cloud formations are amazing. I don't think I've ever seen skies quite like the ones in your photographs. That last picture is really beautiful and you got the composition just right. :-D

4. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Great shots DB. The storm looks fierce and you really captured it well. The last pic is beautiful. You would make a good weather watcher for your local TV station! :D

5. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Thanks for the comments. It was dramatic! I love a good thunder storm -- the wilder the better (long as I'm inside!) Sometimes the storms gather up strength coming in over the Bay and put on an awesome show.

Advertisement
  6. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

You captured it perfect Daisybean.I love all of your picture but that last one is amazing.

7. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Wow, on the news this morning, the reports show a lot of damage from this storm. Power outages, wind damages, and alot of trees down. We've had so much rain, the ground is saturated and the big trees are less stable. We were lucky in my area -- nothing serious. I could tell it was a big one. They are saying there may have been tornado activity two counties West of here. I'm not surprised -- when it was coming in, the sky looked sort of greenish at one point.

8. paudashlake

paudashlake New Seed

Wow. As odd as it seems, there haven't been any storms exccept for the occasional rain since I moved into my new place. And those clouds look very unusual.