Bird of Paradise

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Lengungardenexpert, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Lengungardenexpert

Lengungardenexpert New Seed

The bird of paradise is an exotic but amazing flower that is native to South Africa. It has identified white or giant bird of paradise.Bird of paradise can be grown as a houseplant or in the garden. If you wish to grow flowers on this plant, then it is important to plant it outdoors in the sun. The white bird of paradise plant is mostly opted for its banana shaped leaves.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Lengungardenexpert 's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Thanks for sharing. Are you growing one of these. They are pretty exotic. I thought they were the coolest flower in the shop years ago.

4. mepooooo

mepooooo New Seed

I just wrote about Bird of Paradise in my blog, but i am completely newbie with that flower. Anyone with experience here?

5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I purchased one at a silent auction last fall. I will be planting it this year. I'm going to put it on the south side of the garage so it can be protected from the north winds during the winter. I sure hope it blooms!

6. kate

kate In Flower

Hi cherylad,

BOP They are an exotic flower,

Will they be ok where you are in winter. I'm going off an exotic from Tenerife (Hibiscus) which I left out and our winters 2010 exluded are mild compared to Texas.

Good luck anyway.