Bird Watching II *Pics!*

Discussion in 'Bird' started by Sapphire, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Sapphire

Sapphire Seedling

Okay, now I finally got the pics ready on Photobucket, so I'm hoping this works =P
    If this works, then here's the pics I promised you all of some birds that feed on our window feeder!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    P.S. I included a crazy one of me sitting at this Sunflower chair that I love at La Mansion!

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It's lovelt to 'meet' you Sapphire!!! :D The piccies of your birds have turned out just fine. I wish we had cardinals visiting our garden as they are so colourful.

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Hello there, Sapphire. Aren't you a sweetie! Love your birds, the cardinals are gorgeous. Thank you for posting them.

5. Wrennie

Wrennie In Flower

Oooh nice pictures. The cowbirds love the millett and corn in your seed mix. The cardinals love black oil sunflower the best.
    {I sell that feeder at my store. Its a great little window feeder!}
    and
    Cool chair!

Advertisement
  6. Sapphire

Sapphire Seedling

It worked! It worked! :D
    Thanks for the comments everyone! So what kind of birds do u get in your area Eileen :?:
    And great to meet u all as well, hope to see lotsa pics from everyone and I'll be posting more as we go!

P.s....Thanks Wrennie for naming the birds Smile I forgot to post this pic of this cute lil chickadee that feeds:( but Maybe I'll get a chance to photograph a few more different birds for another submission later on.

7. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Hello Sapphire. great picts. Its fun to watch birds come to feed. We hav'nt had any spring/summer birds fly in as of yet. We still have snow on the ground here so it'll be a little while yet. Thanks for sharing yours.

8. Sapphire

Sapphire Seedling

Sorry you dont have many birds to watch yet Petunia! They are really very entertaining :p I love snow tho! We didnt get much snow this winter, just that big ice storm. It is taking them so long to clear all the shrubs and tree branches out of everyones yard that I fear they will be at it for a couple of months yet! Anyway, thanks for the comment! (I like to ramble :p)

9. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Nice to meet you face to face.You have a beautiful smile.Love the Cardinals .I love to see them in mine too.Heck I just love birds.

10. Sapphire

Sapphire Seedling

That was a very nice compliment Glendann, thank you! You should see my girls getting excited about all the birds on our feeder right now, they are so cute to watch! (birds and kids :D)

11. sharon mc

sharon mc Seedling

I've never seen birds like those before but they're lovely, aren't they? We were excited recently after hearing and then spotting (very near to our nesting boxes!) a pair of woodpeckers. They can be very shy birds, so it meant a lot. I also spotted one of the owls that we often hear here, too. Birds are great!

12. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Nice to meet you Saffy - I like the way your eyes also smile with.
    Those cardinals are really eye-catching aren't they. And so colourful. Thanks for posting those piccies.

13. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Now I can put a face to your name Sapphire!
    I have finally managed to attract some Cardinals to my feeders this winter. They have got to be my favorites. Their color really stands out against the snow. I guess I should try to get some pictures too...

14. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

We've got a lot of cardinals here too, and I love to watch them. They're not easy to get a picture of, as they're so skiddish. It's nice to see bare ground...ours is still snow-covered. Great pics!!!

15. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hiyah Saf...
    Great fotos. Those make cardinals are striking are't they. They are gorgeous to see anytime, but when the grass and trees are so drab, they really do decorate the outdoors. The female is also beautiful, I think; however. I never realied just how attractive they were until I saw an enlarged foto once. Their colour tints and arrangements really are a work of art.

I was trasvelling through Mexico once and went to a "bird market" somewhere and saw them in tiny wooden cages barely larger than themselves. They had a wide range of north american birds there and prevented us from taking fotos for some reason. I found it sad to see the pretty wild birds all cramped-up like that.

As for the birds here: there are koolmeeses and pimpelmeeses, doves, blackbirds, jackdaws and magpies
    around the house and a few other ones out at the lottie as well.

You have a genuinely happy-looking face. Thank you for posting these wonderful fotos, they were good to see.

16. Sapphire

Sapphire Seedling

Oh its so sad to hear of those poor birds all caged up! :( I do get to see the females here often too. Usually a pair of cardinals come and feast on the sunflower seeds at a time..I feel like a bird stalker , lol, but I sneak up really close to the feeder from the inside here and just wait for them to land and they hardly know i'm there, just so I can see them upclose.. Their mannerisms are so neat! Thanks for sharing the info Sjoerd..I love to hear everyones experiences:D And yes! I'm a genuinely happy person :) I get to be the mom of my girls and stay home and teach them and garden and make a fun home where we live and I love it!