Bird Watching

Discussion in 'Bird' started by Sapphire, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Sapphire

Sapphire Seedling

My hubby picked up a bird feeder a few days ago (the kind that suction to a glass window, etc) and to entice the birds, he scattered seed in the yard as well. We didn't see any birds for a couple of days, but when we opened the blinds for our Java Finches this morning, we chased off 3 pairs of Cardinals! :stew1: They came right back and it was so neat to watch them so upclose! Eventually there was a variety of birds feeding :D Our girls love to wake up and bird watch now. What a fun morning!

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I love seeing all the birds that my feeding station attracts - couldn't go for a day without checking 'who' is out and about in the garden. So pleased to hear that you are getting a variety of birds to your feeder. You must try to take some piccies of them for us. :stew1:

4. Sapphire

Sapphire Seedling

I will definitely do that! My cam is all charged up and ready to go, so I'll see what I can find in the morning :D There's just something so nice ~n~ relaxing about drinking your first cuppa-joe and birdwatching first thing in the mornings!

5. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

That would be so nice to see.If I did that I'd have every cat in the neighborhood sitting licking there lips in an attempt to snag a beautiful
    feathered dinner for themselves.

Advertisement
  6. Wrennie

Wrennie In Flower

I love sitting out at the picnic table, in the spring to fall and have my tea and watch the birds at my feeders.

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Waiting for those bird pics...fingers crossed.

8. Sapphire

Sapphire Seedling

Matt (hubby) was sick this morning so I didnt have the time to take the pics since we headed str8 for town...but, I do hope to get some tomorrow morning for sure! Hoping all have a wonderfully refreshing weekend..Ciao!

9. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Hi. We're big birdwatchers here in West Tennessee. Looking forward to seeing what birds you have in your neck of the woods. :-D

10. Sapphire

Sapphire Seedling

Okay, for those of you who havent seen already, I submitted another post called Bird Watching II *Pics* that has the bird pics in it! Thanks for humoring me :D