black magic elephant ears

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by cheryllynn, May 30, 2006.

1. cheryllynn

cheryllynn New Seed

Got two of these today to plant in the back yard beside the pool deck steps.
    My question is, I live in Indiana and am wondering what to do when fall gets here? Not sure these will survive our winters and I don't want to lose these.
    The tag says to 5 degrees. Well we can get to less than that.
    Also, what would look good with these, I want a tropical look for by the above ground pool deck, but no flowers (at least no tall bee attracting ones). I am planning to get some ornamental grasses to pair with them, because i love the look. Any ideas? I was thinking maybe some yellow marigolds would be a nice contrast and they're low enough that i don't think the bees would bother us.
    Thanks!! :)

2. Loading...