Blackberry lily

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Polly, Jul 23, 2006.

1. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

My blackberry lily is in bloom. The blossoms are so light on the long stems I had a hard time getting a clear picture with the slight breeze we have this afternoon.

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. Shanna

Shanna In Flower

OH WOW!!!That Lily sure is pretty.I planted some Lilys awhile back and it sure took them a long time to bloom.Does it have a smell?

4. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

No smell and the blossoms are quite dainty only about 2 inches across compared to my daylilies that are over 6 inches across.

5. Shanna

Shanna In Flower

Oh o.k.My lilies got pretty tall but they only lasted about two days and the blooms fell off.

Advertisement
  6. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Very pretty.

7. bethie

bethie Young Pine

I'm so glad to see that you are growing these, Polly. I was wondering if anyone was. I grow "candy lilies" which are a hybrid cross of blackberry lilies. I only have two colors now. One that looks just like yours and one that is a clear yellow. I am looking to replace some I had that were purple with black freckles and one was lavender and yellow. The seeds only come in a mix (from Park Seed that developed it)so I am just this week starting 40 seeds hoping to get some new colors for next year. They are easily raised from seed. I'm happy to know someone else loves these delicate beauties.