Bloating Leaves Help

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by FlowerFreak22, Feb 6, 2010.

1. FlowerFreak22

FlowerFreak22 In Flower Plants Contributor

I have an Agave parryi and I have been keeping it in a pot. It is getting a lot of sunlight, but I haven't been watering it too much. I first got it about two or three weeks ago and kept it outside for a couple of days. For those couple of days it was raining off and on, but I brought it inside because it was supposed to frost. Well just the other day I noticed that a couple of its leaves look bloated and full of air. I was wondering what this is and how to fix it or will it kill it.

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Not sure what you mean by bloated. It is a succulent and the leaves are supposed to be fat with moisture.
    How large is the plant?

Any chance of pictures? Like the old saying goes...A picture is worth 1000 words. ;)

4. FlowerFreak22

Well I can't get a picture, but I can tell you that it has since killed my plants. They were full of air and they didn't look like they should have. I tugged on the leaves and they came off with almost no resistance and under them was a horribly smelly goo. The whole plant was basically turning into this goo and it was leaking out of the bottom of the pot. So now I have two pots of Agave goo. :(

5. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

My goodness, what a shame... you must be disappointed. I know how you like your plants. Do you know what happened?

6. FlowerFreak22

Yea, I'm pretty disappointed :(, but I'll be ok. :stew2: I have no idea what happened. They looked fine one day and the next they were turning into goo. I can't seem to find any information on what happened either. :-?