Bubble suit required

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Melody Mc., Aug 8, 2023.

1. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

The standing joke in my family is that I should be covered in bubble wrap for my own safety and protection.

This week I was packing my precious wave petunia hanging basket from the greenhouse to it's spot hanging outside, and forgot that I had the garden hose strung to the water barrel. It was +6 C and I had insulated wellies on, which caught on the hose. Although I tried to right myself, I came down with a crash....holding the victory basket up above the point of impact. My shoulder and knee suffered...the beautiful flowers were jostled but survived ( phew).

Yesterday ...with the heat the house is shuttered and closed. Angus is a rescue pup, (malamute, shepherd and bull dog - the colour of a Rhodesian Ridgeback) - and he completely blends in with the kitchen floor. I tripped on him, saved him, and landed on my knee, sliding into home plate of the kitchen cupboard with my head. A little sore this AM, but he seems fine, which is what matters to me.

Today...while I was canning pickles on the porch, I spilled some boiling water. Which went into the top of my mesh running shoe onto my socks. I hurried the laced shoes off, and the sock, and put my foot in the tub of cold water. Hubby came up and saw the debris field...knew something was wrong, He found me with my foot in the bath tub, but dancing because now I had to pee but didn't want to take my foot out of the cold water.

Two blistered toes later, and a destiny of a week or two of sandals, I am grateful that all three of my three bads are done.

It is supposed to rain tomorrow...I think I may stay inside and in bed. And find a bubble suit.

[​IMG]

@Daniel W ...I'm loving my mandolin gloves and my family sends their gratitude. hee hee

Last edited: Aug 8, 2023
    Dirtmechanic, Netty, Logan and 3 others like this.
  2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Mel what are you like?:rolleyes: They say bad things come in threes and you've had yours so from now on everything should be fine. Just don't start another three!!:fingerscrossed:

Logan, Sjoerd and Melody Mc. like this.
  3. Clay_22

Clay_22 Young Pine

Wow you need to come with a warning label LOL

Logan, Melody Mc. and eileen like this.
  4. Daniel W

Daniel W Hardy Maple

@mel, be careful!

I can rest easier knowing that you have mandolin gloves. Whew!

I'm very accident prone. Sometimes I discover injuries and don't remember how that happened. "Why am I bleeding? "

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

That sounds so familiar. How many times hasn’t my Bride said to me—“why are you bleeding? What happened?”
    ...and I have no answer or recollection.
    Very familiar.

Eileen— snap! I actually said the same exact words out loud when I read Mel’s account.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Well they do say that great minds think alike Sjoerd!! ;)

Logan and Melody Mc. like this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I stand and applaud this wise comment.

Logan, Melody Mc. and eileen like this.
  8. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

I'm very happy that this week gave everyone a giggle :) I'm pleased to announce that I am now four days accident free - and have even managed to keep the blisters on my foot intact. That in itself is an accomplishment.

I made more pickles after coming home from a town trip today. ermmmm....I wore my wellies just to be sure. Better safe than sorry.

@eileen - I had to look that expression up. I asked Hubby and he had heard of it before, but I had not. I like it! This should make you laugh - I saw it as literal at first, and had to ponder the lint in my belly button thinking about it... (What am I like?? hmmmm...well....I'm kind,....I'm a clutz.....I shouldn't use sharp knives or I risk shanking myself........I even considered sending you a photo.....hahahahahaha.) I haven't been on The Stew since, so seeing Sjoerd's comment made me google it. Very funny :)

9. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Melody good that you're doing ok. Yes things come in three's, when a celebrity passes away we say who is the next 2 to go.

Melody Mc., eileen and Sjoerd like this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Mel— I thought that was a playful phrase that was common in English. It looks like only some folks use it. Sorry for the confusion. :)

Melody Mc., eileen and Logan like this.
  11. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Oh my gosh Melody, BE CAREFUL!!
    I seem to go through phases of lots of accidents too, maybe its something in the air. And almost every day at work I ask myself why I'm bleeding - usually after tending to the roses.
    I also think I should look into one of those mandolin gloves!

Logan, Daniel W and eileen like this.
  12. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Stay alert Mel— Don’t damage the goods.;)

Logan and eileen like this.