Budget Bedroom

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by cocobirdi, Mar 24, 2009.

1. cocobirdi

cocobirdi New Seed

I would like to start off here with my bedroom. I'm limited with budgeting, so I can't do any custom improvements. Plus, it's a 50 year old ranch rental house so it's not practical or possible to fix some things. The design aim: I'm a 23 year old female with a heavy love for books, horses, and my computer. I love reds and browns and creamy colors together with modern, classy lines, pleasing textures and not a whole lot of patterns.

[​IMG]
    This is the view upon entering the room (i took a knee in the photo, the bed isn't as tall as it looks). I love the curtains - they were expensive and feel AMAZING - but I wanna do something further with them, to be able to pull them back and let some light in. However, the window is ancient single-pane and ugly, so I need further ideas there as well.
    I don't like my headboard, it's horrible and cheap and a bit Mission style for my taste, but it's what I have for now.
    I really need a bedside table. I don't want anything visually heavy, just enough for a small lamp and a book. I'd like it if it were round, in a dark wood (cherry-mahogany).
    The bookshelf behind the bed is huge and very open, and very very full of books and picture frames and old model horses (I collected Breyers as a kid, so there's a decent amount of them).
    The wall color sucks. It's that boring semi-gloss white that they buy in bulk to use in apartments and rental places, and I would really like to repaint with a brownish beigish color. At least there's crown molding.
    The carpet I am stuck with, since the only area I have the option to put a floor cover on is also my desk chair space (except right now I have an exercize ball in lieu of a chair).

I'll start with this for now. Suggestions make me happy and links to pictures or articles for inspiration would make me even happier :)

2. Loading...