Bulbs And More Bulbs

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by margie12u, Mar 2, 2011.

1. margie12u

margie12u In Flower

I went out and bought more bulbs today, Well they were on sale!! I had to do it, Didn't I? I bought 20 Freesias- And 20 Liatris well it was a bag of 20 and I bought 4 bags, They are so pretty when they are all clumped together, O Yeah I bought more Glads. Have any of you had the Freesias I have never had them, They really look pretty on the pack, I wonder if they bloom all summer or just a little while. So when it does dry up I will be so busy, Then I will have the broken nails and messed up rough hands, OH WELL! I will just have to love it and take it . Oh yeah I bought a rose bush to.

2. Loading...

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Bags of bulbs, natures self contained package of fun. And you bought over a hundred. And a rose bush too! You are going to have too much fun. Will we see pictures when they start to show off?

Jerry

4. margie12u

margie12u In Flower

Pictures

Oh yes you will see pics. because I take pics of everything and some things I'm sure people don't care about seeing,But I through them in there any way.That is my other love taking pictures it's so much fun Don't you think? I just paid 4.00 dollars for the rose bush, It's about two ft. tall and nice and green I hope it will be ok. Like I said everything was on sale. Fun Fun Fun!!!
    :stew2:

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I love to shop for bulbs, seeds and plants. My husband thinks I'm a bit strange 'cause I don't want to go clothes shopping like most women do.
    The tulips and crocus I bought last month are already popping up through the earth. Now I've been out and bought six rose bushes and 10 short stemmed lilies. Next on my list are packets of tomato, pepper and veggie seeds and some seed potatoes. :-D
    There's just no stopping gardeners like us is there Margie? :-D

Advertisement
  6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I went into Lowes today to finally get my new lawn mower since it was on sale. I kept gravitating to the garden section and had to force myself to turn around a couple of times!
    I kept telling myself "You've got plenty to plant already..." over and over. I managed to get out of there with just the mower.
    Hope I don't have to go back for anything else soon, because I just don't have much self-restraint left in me! Especially if there's a sale going on!

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Oooo Margie ... I LOVE Liatris! I have a few I planted from seed a few years ago and last year they looked amazing! I can't wait to see a photo of 80 Liatris blooming :D

8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

A $4 rose bush, and you just got one? Some people have a LOT of self-restraint (but not necessarily those who buy 100 bulbs) :D !
    Actually, I'm envious. Bulbs are one thing that is lacking in our flower beds and I need to fix that. Maybe I'll find a sale, too.

9. Annette

Annette Seedling

all right......now i'm really jealous....all the wonderful pictures of things starting to grow......and i know i'm still a month away from any of it......but looking at all of this....i remember that i need to move some bulbs... mainly some merry bells (allium) and some small blue lilies (i forget their proper name)....i remember seeing them last year and knowing they are in the wrong place....and as you well know.....time just flies when your doing other stuff. i think they probably need to go out front with the bulk of the tulips and daffodils...the list of stuff to do just keeps getting longer and longer....! :)