By way of introduction

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Evil Roy, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Evil Roy

Evil Roy In Flower

You've heard of me before, I'm the one that suggested "Fred" as the name for Toni's garden. Toni and I met about 28 short years ago when I punched her in the jaw. I couldn't help it, she was standing behind me when someone startled me. It was love at first clout. She was shy and and unimposing, I was a bit of a looney. I had shoulder length hair (so did she), rode a motorcycle, drove a sports car (a Triumph TR-4) and made her laugh. She had a wonderful smile, the potential for a great sense of humor (she's needed it, trust me) and was great to be around. She still is. It took a lot of indoctrination with Monty Python, Benny Hill, and the classics of comedy but she now has a great wit. You'll notice I haven't mentioned gardening. I don't garden. I enjoy the work that Toni has done, but I'm not the type that enjoys digging and planting. I do, however, enjoy making things for Toni to use in the garden. I've been able to make some stands, hose guards, a cucumber trellis, and some other things. I'm also a ham radio operator, enjoy Cowboy Action Shooting, and a few other hobbies. Toni mentioned that she lives with a couple of party poopers when it comes to bad weather. Here's a perfect example of how I feel about snow.

And about the name Evil Roy. My friends just call me Evil.

2. Loading...

3. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Hi Evil, nice to have you aboard. I take it you are Toni's other half. I don't care for cold weather either, so you are not alone.

4. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I will join you Evil and Cajunbell .I hate Winter .If it ices over I hate it.Don't like snow don't like freezing rain or ice cold .In fact did I mention I hate Winter?I don't like coats or hats hate cold feet ,hate high cold wind and don't like frost.Hate having to wrap outside pipes .Hate seeing my plants die.Did I mention I hate WINTER ? :D Its down right dispicable. :'( It makes me very upset to say the least.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Evil and welcome to the Stew from the resident gnome. Thank heavens for Benny Hill eh. Very happy to have you aboard as I think we have 3 or 4 couples in the Stew now. Spices things up a bit :D

Really hope you enjoy it here :smt023:

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hello there Evil. :-D

So you don't like winter huh? I guess you and Toni won't be popping over to Scotland for a visit in the next few months then. :( I like looking at falling snow and I love it when it's all fresh and new on the ground. However, I hate sleet, hail and ice - pity really as we get plenty of it here. :rolleyes:

Sounds as though you're pretty handy to have around. You may not 'do' gardening but you seem to make yourself useful nonetheless. :D I have a feeling that you're going to fit in here without any problems at all.

7. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Welcome evil I am Cajun Belle's other half I Agree bout the winter part. We have one more thing in common it sound's like we were both lucky to find ladies to put up with warped sense's of humor I love all the people you named I also am partial to George Carlin and Johnathan Winters. I think you will like it here

8. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Hi Evil, from another part of Louisiana, not far from Richard's well known French Settlement: New Orleans.

9. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Hi Evil. We were just watching Benny Hill last night. Love Fawlty Towers also. Alas, also Love winter. Welcome. 8)

10. englishrose

englishrose Seedling

Hi Evil, Welcome from eastern washington. I think the only winter nite should be Christmas Eve. Then spring!!

11. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

What is it about those long-haired boys with bikes??
    I took up with one o' them critters over 30 years ago, myself.
    He's still got the bike (same one), the long hair (a bit thinner) and me (heaven help him [​IMG]).

But I digress [​IMG] . . . Welcome to the Stew, Evil!

My hubby is also my "go-to-guy" for garden structure and metal work,
    so I know how much Toni appreciates what you bring to the joint gardening effort.

12. Evil Roy

Evil Roy In Flower

What is it about the guys with long hair and motorcycles? Simple. We're the fun loving free spirits that make you feel alive. We're the ones that do the things you've always wanted to do. We laugh (sometimes too loud), we tell the jokes that you laugh at even though it makes you feel a little guilty, we scare you a little, we make you tingle a little deep inside, we make you dream. We're the ones you've always been curious about. In short, we're the ones your mother warned you about.

13. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Hello Evil!! Your wife is a great lady!! It's nice to have you on board with her! You will fit in just fine!!
    I love the Over the Hedge comics that the two of you post - they are great.
    When I was a kid my mom and dad would always make us leave the room while they watched Benny Hill!! I could not wait to watch him when I got older! Now I love Benny Hill!!! lol
    It's very nice that you help Toni with things for her garden. My hubby is a big help also so I also know how much you are appreciated by her!! I look forward to hearing more about you and Toni!!