Carolina Jasmine

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by dooley, Mar 14, 2011.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I was talking with the lady who lives next door. (She owns our house) I was showing her the yellow and white iris that was flowering. Toni sent them to me last fall. I showed her the white jasmine I planted this week and told her about the honeysuckles in the front. We looked at the roses. Almost all the fence is covered with something that will smell good. She turned and went back up to her house and came back with a yellow Carolina Jasmine in a small pot. She said she had bought it last fall and forgot about it. It was pretty dry but she gave it to me and I planted it between the rose bushes and the back fence. She didn't want to plant it on her side of the fence when everything else was on my side of the fence. She was afraid all of her little dogs might dig it up, too.
    If it rains tonight it should settle all the vines and bushes in good.
    dooley

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

What a lovely woman your neighbour is Dooley. The jasmine will look lovely amongst your roses and will smell beautiful too. :stew1:

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

What a nice gift. I can't wait for my Jasmines to start blooming.

5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What a nice thing to do. That jasmine ought to take off in a few weeks. You will enjoy that, won't you?