Carpet Cobblestones ?

Discussion in 'Garden Design' started by azw1879, Nov 16, 2006.

1. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

This product has probably been mentioned elsewhere, but I've only been made aware of it after watching Gardens Unplugged.

What a great item this is, being several cobblestones with a nylon backing, creating a type of carpet, instead of having to lay individual cobblestones. It is supplied in various patterns which you can place together for patios, etc., on completion you grout in between the gaps.

I like it very much. There is a site which shows you different versions, plus details.

C.J.

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Do you have a link C.J? I'd like to see these. While I still think the real thing would be better I can still see these being useful.

3. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

That's the site alright C.J. I watched their product video and looks very easy to install. While I still think would be no beating the real thing this looks like a great compromise.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I have a similar product in my pond here. The same backing but with pebbles attached to it. We put it around the edges of the pond to stop the butyl liner degrading in the sunlight. Sooooooo easy to put in and looks good too. :-D