Cell phones

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by dooley, Dec 7, 2005.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We don't have a cell phone. I think in an emergency they could be a good thing. But many people misuse them, especially when they are driving. An example: The police stopped a woman down by our quik stop gas station and convenience store. She sped away, dragging one of the officers with her for several feet. She sped up the highway to Prescott Valley being chased by the same officers. There she turned around and sped back down the highway through Mayer toward the Interstate Highway. The two officers were joined by eight more squad cars. The chase reached speeds of 100 miles per hour. She was finally stopped when officers ahead of the chase stopped other traffic and put stop strips across the road. I think they flatten the tires, but I'm not sure. I've never had the occasion to be stopped by them. Anyway she had a passenger who stated he begged her to stop. But, she had to call all her friends and tell them she was going back to jail because there was a warrent out on her for a parole violation in Illinois. So, while she was speeding down the highway at 100 miles per hour she was also using a cell phone to call her friends. I know about the chase because it occurred on a divided highway and we were going up to Prescott Valley when she was going the other way and all the squad cars were speeding behind her. Dooley

2. Loading...

3. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Talk about dumb? If she had just stopped and acted innocent, the cops may not have even checked her record. Depending on what she was pulled over for. Anything other than traffic, probably wouldn't have come up on her driving record. :rolleyes:

4. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

Sign I saw on the back of a pickup truck said.

Get off the dam phone before you kill some one.

I agree and think there should be a antiphone law, should also take in reading, eating drinking and all the other crap they do instead of paying attention to driving.

:D Al

5. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Just outside of town we have the Honda America plant. Thats where the cars are made here in the US. There are all kinds of stories about the Japanese when they first came here. I was driving home from Columbus one day and a Japanese guy passed me doing about 80 in his new Honda. He was talking on a cell phone in one hand and shaving with the other. My question is who was driving? One of the local cops was telling me that one day he had pulled over two Japanese for speeding. While he was filling out the ticket on the hood, the driver was watching him. The passenger was busy snapping pictures. "Yoshe's first ticket" was probably the caption for it! :D