Chess

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Frank, Apr 1, 2006.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

[flashmoviestart][flashmoviesizewidth]500[/flashmoviesizewidth][flashmoviesizespacer][flashmoviesizeheight]400[/flashmoviesizeheight][flashmoviemidA][flashmovie]http://www.arcadetap.com/swf/1926.swf[/flashmovie][flashmoviemidB][flashmoviesizewidth]500[/flashmoviesizewidth][flashmoviesizespacer][flashmoviesizeheight]400[/flashmoviesizeheight][flashmoviemidC][flashmovie]http://www.arcadetap.com/swf/1926.swf[/flashmovie][flashmovieend]

Courtesy of Arcade Tap

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. azw1879
      Replies:
      Views:

3. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

I've really been enjoying playing this chess. :-D

Managed to 'checkmate' the computer a few times 8)

The computer wasn't very happy :scheming:

C.J. :D

4. Frank

I'm glad you enjoy it C.J. It's a pity we can't play two players on it but I would probably lose anyway.

Any other games you would like to see on Stew?

5. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

There are many chess variants, games based on the original, check out CHESS VARIANTS.

There are 2 games that are interesting, keeping mostly to the original, but one is for 3 players and the other for 4.

The 3 player chess is played on a circular board, whereas the 4 player chess is on a equal cross shaped board.

Have a look, although it may not appeal to avid players of the original game, but interesting nevertheless.

C.J.

PS. 4 player chess can be played online, basically you against the computer (it operating the 3 other players) Although I haven't seen the same for the 3 player chess.

Advertisement
  6. Frank

Woah C.J normal chess gets deep enough, I think my head would explode if I had to formulate strategies for 3 opponents :eek:

Would like to see a game being played however :D

7. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

I'm at a loss on how to obtain both the 3-player and the 4-player actual chess boardgames (not computer versions) as I can't find any shops in the U.K. that stock them.

4-player chess is produced by Taurus Games, which I think is in the U.S. 3-player chess (circular board) may be produced by Acorn Games (?) again in the U.S., but I'm not sure if that is correct.

Can anyone possibly give me the name of any U.K. retailers that sell both of these chess variant games ?

Any help would greatly appreciated.

C.J.