Christmas Day Games

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Sjoerd, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Well, we got up this morning and after bathing, brekking and a quick mail and news check...we went out in the weather for a constitutional around and through the adjacent park. Now then once back...it is tea time here, so I made some tea for us and warmed up some banketstaaf (almond paste wrapped in a flaky pastry dough). Then we began with the games...first on the tablets then on the pc.

It will be a day of simplicity--games and a bit of food.

There are a large selection of flying santa and penguin type games on the pc.

I also like the tablet games--like CandyCrush soda and jelly saga.
    Cupcake and Candy Mania, Papa Pear, Farm Heroes, Mah-jong and Sudoku.

I do not often play these games but when I just want to sit and not think about anything, then I play 'em.

I would like to hear from you guys if there are any of these games that you like to plasy, as i am always looking for a new challenge.

I hope that you folks are having fun on this First Christmas Day. I also hope that everyone got a few good gifts. Santa brought us an airfryer. We have already put that baby to use and are pleased.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. LIcenter

LIcenter In Flower

Sounds like a perfect day, Sjoerd. How do you like the airfryer? My wife and I promised no gift giving to each other this year, but she really wanted one of those. Maybe for her birthday in Feb.

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I am really pleased with it.
    But LI, you know the most maddening aspect of the purchase was the research. We decided upon a Philips brand, but trying to find the exact model that had the things that were important to us...and then for a reasonable price was quite a challenge.

The thing with the Philips brand was that they have names which reflect what type it is (wattage, size etc.) All their products have code numbers and that's where the confusion starts. The same model with slight differences (such as grill pan included, touch screen, anti-stick basket etc.) have different numbers. We wound up going to the Philips website where we could compare models and then choose exactly what we wanted. We were able to find one on sale and popped out to the store and got it.

The next day we had bil and sil over for pomme frites and other unhealthy snacks so that they could see how it worked. They had wanted one for some time, but wanted to see how it worked first. They were won over and the next day (X-mas Eve) went to pick one up. You guessed it--every shop in town was sold out ! They had to go to another town to search. In the end they got it. Phew....

So then LI--We have used the airdryer to heat up croissants and rolls, fry french fries, frikandel, krokets and bamischijf. It functioned perfectly.
    I will warn you though, if you plan to do chicken, sausages or things greasy---think again because I read that these greasy things can spatter upwards onto the heating element and that can cause lots of smoke/steam.

We use it on the stove under the sucker, to lessen any odor a bit. It isn't bad without the sucker, but still....the littler, the better.

I let my Bride read this and she wants to add that the airfryer exceeded our expectations. It is quick and easy for sweet rolls, danishes, doughnuts and as mentioned--french fries and other snacks. She further points out that one doesn't have to heat up the big oven for this or use a stinky and dangerous deep fryer plus a lot less fat.
    Our model is: Philips Avance XL HD9248/90.

We chose this one because it has a grillpan included and has a touchscreen-- There were certain aspects that my Bride found important, a grillpan was one of those things. You see LI--some accessories one must buy apart, and we were not looking to pay extra.

Here is a vid that you can both look at to give you a sort of "guideline" in your search:

This is an Avance model similar to ours (but not the exact same one), note the model numbers to determine what will be important to you.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
    Cayuga Morning and LIcenter like this.
  5. LIcenter

LIcenter In Flower

Wow, what detailed info. I had no idea about all the bells and whistles either. I humbly thank the bride, and you my friend for all the info. So let the games begin, and enjoy the holidays.

Sjoerd likes this.
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Good luck on the search if you guys decide to spring for one.
    The Bride grins widely and waves.