Christmas Eating Tips

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Evil Roy, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Evil Roy

Evil Roy In Flower

1. Avoid carrot sticks. Anyone who puts carrots on a holiday buffet table knows nothing of the Christmas spirit. In fact, if you see carrots, leave immediately. Run. Go next door, where they're serving rum balls.

2. Drink as much eggnog as you can. And quickly. It's rare. You cannot find it any other time of year but now. So drink up! Who cares that it has 10,000 calories in every sip? It's not as if you're going to turn into an eggnog-alcoholic or something. It's a treat. Enjoy it. Have one for me. Have two. It's later than you think. It's Christmas!

3. if something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

4. As for mashed potatoes, always ask if they're made with skim milk or whole milk. If it's skim, pass. Why bother? It's like buying a sports car with an automatic transmission.

5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other people's food for free. Lots of it. Hello?

6. Under no circumstances should you exercise between now and New Year's. You can do that in January when you have nothing else to do. This is the time for long naps, which you'll need after circling the buffet table while carrying a 10-pound plate of food and that vat of eggnog.

7. If you come across something really good at a buffet table, like frosted Christmas cookies in the shape and size of Santa, position yourself near them and don't budge. Have as many as you can before becoming the center of attention. They're like a beautiful pair of shoes. If you leave them behind, you're never going to see them again.

8. Same for pies. Apple, Pumpkin, Mincemeat. Have a slice of each. Or if you don't like mincemeat, have two apples and one pumpkin. Always have three. When else do you get to have more than one dessert? Labor Day?

9. Did someone mention fruitcake? Granted, it's loaded with the mandatory celebratory calories, but avoid it at all cost. I mean, have some standards.

10. One final tip: If you don't feel terrible when you leave the party or get up from the table, you haven't been paying attention. Re-read these tips; start over, but hurry, January is just around the corner.

2. Loading...

3. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

And I thought I was the only one that thought this way!!!! :D

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Great advice Evil. I think I'll print off a few copies and hand them around family and friends so that they don't miss out. :smt114

P.S.
    I meant to say that our daughter (32 years old) does number three with her gravy and mash even now. :D

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Number 4 had me rolling on the carpet, and I so agree with number 9--we used to get a fruitcake from my in-laws each year. We would put it out for the wild birds, who gave it a hairy eyeball and left for better offerings at other feeding stations.
    I wish you and Toni happy fruit-cake free, eggnog floating, cookie copious holidays!

Advertisement
  6. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

Good post, ER... Like MG, I got a good chuckle on #4 and agree on #9..
    Hank

7. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I think I'll follow your rules. I love them!

8. cuatro-gatos

cuatro-gatos In Flower

I second #3! I love gravy on everything. (That explains so much)

9. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Good tips! Now, where is that platter of cookies I brought home yesterday from the office party? :D

10. kate

kate In Flower

3. if something comes with gravy, use it. That's the whole point of gravy. Gravy does not stand alone. Pour it on. Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat.

Priceless................I love mash but now see it in a whole new light.

:D :stew1:

Thanks Evil!!