Christmas is just around the corner.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by dooley, Nov 27, 2005.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Thanksgiving is over. Christmas is just around the corner. I spent the day rearranging the living room to accommodate Christmas decorations when the time comes to install them. December lst is the date. It's still fall in November. But, its okay to get ready to put up decorations. Our neighbor has had his outside lights up and lit at night since Nov.10th. I am looking at cookie recipes and anticipating baking lots of cookies. Since I cannot eat cookies the neighbors will benefit. I love to bake and because I cannot eat sweets doesn't mean I can't bake. I do "sneak" a few. That's when a treadmill is useful. It's useful for too much Thanksgiving dinner too. Dooley

2. Loading...

3. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

We put ou outside lights up the week before Thanksgiving. Mainly because it was fairly warm with no snow or rain. But we didn't start turning them on until Thanksgiving evening. Will probably put our tree up a couple of weeks before Christmas. :D

4. dooley

Our neighbor said he puts his lights up while it is warm too. I think he just can't wait for Christmas. He has lots and lots of lights. I'm not sure what we will do with our llights this year. We do more inside decorating. We have a small bear table. This year it has a train and a skating pond and lots and lots of small bears. I collect bears and there isn't any room that doesn't have them. I have bears everywhere you look. Big,bigger and little. Dooley

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Would love to see some piccies of your bear collection dooley :D Sounds intriguing.

Nice to hear everybody is cranking the Christmas gears into action now. By the way speaking of Christmas lights check out the funky lights on this house http://media.putfile.com/WizardsofWinter-SM :)

Do any of you have kids/grandkids that still believe in Santa Claus?

Advertisement
  6. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

No kids or grandkids that beleive in Santa, but I still do! :D

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

So what are you asking for this year Capt? Star Trek DVD Boxset? :D

8. dooley

My grandchildren are 3, 7 and 9 yrs old so I imagine at least the two younger ones believe in Santa. Unfortunately the all live away so I don't really know for sure. Dooley