Citrus Tree Problems

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by isarkisov, May 3, 2009.

1. isarkisov

isarkisov New Seed

Hi,

I am having problems with my citrus tree. I inherited tree from previous owner in 2005 and do not know how old the tree is or what kind of citrus tree it is. First and foremost tree doesn't flower and doesn't bear any fruit (which is kind of frustrating)

Tree was in bad shape when I started taking care of it, there were snails and other pests ravaging my citrus tree. So I managed to get rid of snails, but I am still battling pests. :(

Here are my questions:

1. How to get it to bear fruit? It gets about 4-5 hours of sunlight and I am in San Francisco, CA area. I started feeding it with citrus food last year.
    2. What kind of citrus tree is it?
    3. It looks like something is eating leaves, I've tried insect killers and they helped somewhat. What else can I do?

I am posting pictures of my tree:

Thanks in advance!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. jillh

jillh New Seed

citrus tree

Hello,
    I grew my own lime tree from seeds from a Florida lime tree in a pot in my home in Toronto (Canada) and did not have a single bloom for years until I started to water regularly and deeply and feed heavily. I think if you do a google search you'll find quite a few sites that talk about regular feedings. I can't remember what the recommended x-x-x values are (nitrogen etc) but I give my guy an all purpose flowering plant food and it blooms well at least twice per year.
    Good luck! The scent of the flowers is worth the effort of remembering to feed.
    PS my tree is now 20 years old and rather stunted due to the size of pot we've kept it in but I love it. It's one of my favorite things!