Coffee

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by dooley, Dec 23, 2005.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I'm not a coffee drinker. I drink tea. But, this morning we spent time going from store to store to find just the right coffee maker. Brian started to make coffee and the coffee poured all over the counter instead of into the pot. He's had that pot seven years and he paid a dollar for it at the flea market. But, he claims it made the best coffee ever. I can see why. The replacement of the same brand was almost two hunderd dollars. At about the tenth store he found a suitable replacement for a third that cost. We'll see when he makes coffee in it. He buys whole beans and grinds his own coffee too. We used to sell coffee and tea for a business and he's particular. Dooley

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'm not much of a coffee drinker either Dooley as I much prefer tea too. I have a tea pot that I bought very cheaply in a closing down sale many, many years ago. I swear it makes the best tea I've ever tasted. Hope Brian's new pot makes great coffee!!!!! :D

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I'm a tea person myself. I like to brew a big pot so I can have many cups. I like to use loose tea and do not strain the tea leaves out when pouring the tea in the cup. I also eat the tea leaves at the bottom of the cup :D

TEA, TEA, TEA!

5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Brian likes his new coffeemaker. It is a lot noiser than the old one but he's happy. I bought some Irish breakfast tea and some English tea. I forget right away what it's called. I like them both and I have a brown teapot that holds about three large cups that I use in the morning. The thing I like about the Irish and English tea is that it can set without getting bitter if you don't remove the tea. I have a tea ball but sometimes use bags per cup. My son is a tea drinker too. He drinks coffee too though. I'm going to look for a place on the internet to order bulk tea. I do have a problem as I need to drink mostly decaffeinated tea. I drink regular tea but not in large quantities. Dooley