Computers bring us closer...sad news about a friend...

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sherry8, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

We just found out on the BHG forums that one of our cyber friends has died...she was PattyLou from Terre Haute, (55 yrs.old) Indiana and she was loved by so many because she was such a friendly and helpful person...she will be missed by all. She loved her critters....and was just a great person..Isn't it strange how attached you become to people that you have never met? Computers have brought so many people closer together....

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sorry to hear of your cyberfriends passing.
    Two of my cyberfriends from a quilting list passed away within months of each other about 8 years ago. I had met them at a get-together 10 of us attended at another members house in Oregon in 1999 and the husband of our Oregon hostess passed about 6 months after the get-together. Pinky was about 50, Dorothy was 64 and Ernie was in his 80's. All three deaths were a shock to everyone and thankfully quick so our friends didn't suffer.

4. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I had a friend in Tyler her name in the chat room was Mona Lisa (Shirley Folk)and we got very close.Our driver that made that run took her some candle and mushrooms I sent her and she met him around 5 am.He got to meet her I never did.She was so sweet and we called and talked all time.I called and called her and finally her phone was cut off.My computer was down at the time and I got back to the chat room and was told she had gone to sleep one night and never woke up.It broke my heart as I was near enough to have gone to her funeral.It seems the chat room didn't fing out for over 2 weeks.She was in her 50s.I still miss her and that was in 2000.

5. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

I have lost several cyber friends over the years, and it is so sad. I have plants in my garden and on the allotment that they have sent me, and I cherish them.

Advertisement
  6. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I am sorry for all of your losses...I wish I would of had the chance to meet her...everyone liked her and she never had a bad word to say about anyone ...

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I am sorry to hear this news, Sherry. Condolences.
    You are right about the social aspect of computering.
    Lil hug!

8. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

So sorry to hear your sad news Sherry. I know how close you can become to a cyber friend so can relate to how you are feeling at the moment.

9. udoit2urself

udoit2urself New Seed

Sorry to hear about this sad news. Our connections to people, and nature, our friends our lovers, our beloved garden critters, they are what count. Here's a rose for you. xo @-,--