Covered with mud before

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by koszta kid, May 29, 2013.

1. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Had so much rain. And some parts of our very small town under water . But I pulled weeds---got roots and (all).Figure needed to get some a ir to soil to dry out. Got toad stools every place .Had to strip in garage.Wash garden clogs with hose

2. Loading...

3. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Its been a soggy gardening day for me too! Been raining on and off all day, so no work. Gave me a bit of time to get in my own garden. Too wet to plant, but did get my Forsythia trimmed, and weeded.
    Shoes and socks got wet, as did my shirt and my head! I didn't feel like wearing a hat cause it is so humid it just makes me sweat.
    Another cloudburst as I type.

4. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

We havent had more than a few drips for a few weeks now, so things are bone dry again here. Either they are soggy or bone dry. It seems like no happy medium here. Send some rain our way again...

5. purpleinopp

purpleinopp Young Pine Plants Contributor

Koszta, hope you stay above water!!

I remember muddy clay well from when I lived in OH. Had to have shoes only for that because they were usually caked with mud. Here, I wear flip-flops or "faken-stocks" because there's just sand, no mud, and toooo hot to close-up feet in shoes. But there's enough grit and dust combined with my hose that insists on dripping, that my feet are always dirty, even if I haven't been digging.

This spring, it rained and rained, and rained s'more. But since the beginning of this month, not a drop, none in sight except the pop-up bursts of rain nobody can predict... that don't usually make it this far north. Nightowl, I wish it would rain here too. No matter how much I water, it's just dry, sandy dust 5 minutes later. The sun bakes it from the exposed areas, the trees take it all from the shade.

Advertisement
  6. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Koszta,I have been thinking about you.Here we were thinking we needed self watering pots & soaker hoses. How wrong we were. Crazy,crazy weather.I have lots of plants out there needing planting.Getting beat up by wind.
    DH dug post holes for new arbor.Had to stop.3 foot holes full of water.And those@#$%$#@ gnats! I'm sick from being bitten so much.
    Are you going to Wanda's to look at iris this week end ? We are if we don't get blown away.
    sNs

7. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Went out and got muddy again. Weeds growing fast. And drove into town. Flood water has gone over too many cattle and hog lots-stinks .Skeeters will be bad.