Coyote serenade !

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Capt Kirk, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Woke up at 4 am to a bunch of yipping and howling in the front yard. I couldn't see them for the darkness but turned on the porch light and I could hear them running off. 10 minutes later they were back and the light went on a second time and that scared them enough that they didn't come back. Sounded like there were 5 or 6 of them. By then I was wide awake and couldn't get back to sleep! We never used to have them here in Ohio until about 15 years ago. For some reason they started moving east and now we have packs of them running around. I have heard them off in the distance before, but never this close to the house.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Capt Kirk
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Desert Rat
      Replies:
      Views:

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

we have coyotes here. We don't hear them as much at this altitude and we did when we were at 2.000 ft. I hate to hear them when they catch whatever they were chasing. We see them crossing the upper road when we go out early in the morning. Dooley

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I hope they don't come back again CK and that you can get a good nights rest after the disturbance. Thank goodness we don't have anything like that here!!

5. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

We have them here, Still across the road yet for some reason. At the cabin in the UPPER they come right up to the door at night and some times during the day too. I guess they know we are not there all the time. 220 Swift, 243 Win. and if the wind is blowing good a nice 308 Win. are good medicine for them.

:D Al