Dalihas

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Rosebud, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Rosebud

Rosebud New Seed

I planted several miniature dalihas and they all came up. The package said full sun but in the afternoon they wilt like they don't like the sun.They get plenty of water so I know they are not thirsty,so,Do I need to move them? They are already blooming beautifully.And if I move them will they live and bloom? I am trying lots of new things this year and going by the package directions but I wonder if they call full sun that hot evening sun we get in north mississippi.I love dalihas and I want to do whats good for them.I would be greatful for all the help I can get.

2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

If I were you I'd try to move some of them, just to see if it will make a difference.

Make certain you've got a good ball of dirt around the roots so you don't disturb the roots, and water well when they're in place. I've moved a few blooming plants over the years, even though I'm not supposed to, and they usually make it without any mishap if I'm careful.

I'm guessing your full sun and my full sun are two very different full suns. :D

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Rosebud, you are in Oxford, Mississippi right?

Some plants that will do well in full sun in milder climates will wilt, suffer and die in full sun in the southern U.S. because it is a much more intense heat than they can take.
    Morning sun with partial afternoon shade should keep your happy and healthy.

4. Rosebud

Rosebud New Seed

Full Sun

Yes Toni I'm in xford Ms.How did you Know?And I'm telling you the full sun here is mighty hot. and very humid.And thanks for all the info.