Datura leaves turning yellow, why?

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by heathermargaret1@sky.com, Aug 10, 2011.

1. heathermargaret1@sky.com

heathermargaret1@sky.com New Seed

Hello
    As you might guess I am new to this so bear with me Please
    I have a Datura plant it's 4yrs old it's flowered every year, so the problem is the leaves are turning yellow and they are getting holes in so much so the leaves are shredded the flowers seam fine I don't want to lose it it's beautiful I have it out side at the moment but bring it in in the winter months
    I water it every other day it's in a very large pot I've fed it once a fortnight can you help please
    Heather

moderator's note: split this post into it's own topic

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Rossana
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. dooley
      Replies:
      Views:

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Hi Heather and welcome. BUT you've placed your question in the wrong place.
    To get help, please check out the forums. There's one titled "Flower Gardening". This would be the best place for this type of question. Good luck.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Heather

I moved your question to it's own topic so now you should get the answers you need.

I haven't grown Datura, but I am wondering if you check the dampness of the soil to be sure it needs to be watered every day. Watering by a schedule is sometimes not healthy for the plant, watering it when the soil is dry down to about 3-4 inches keeps the roots from sitting in soggy soil and rotting.

Any chance you can post a photo of the leaf damage, that could help determine what kind of critter is attacking it.