Daylilies for me too !!!

Discussion in 'Daylily' started by kuntrygal, Jan 7, 2008.

1. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Went to WalMart today for a few things.Nothing unusual, cause I usually go twice a week (can't help myself) :-| Suddenly my cart turned and went for the garden center :rolleyes: What to my wandering eyes did appear, but bulbs, bulbs and more bulbs. So somehow my cart ended up with 'Rose Passion', 'Little Women' and 'Romantic Rose'. Also Freesias and Astilbe 'Red Sentinel'. And my seed packets consists of Sunflower ' Chianti Hybrid'. Gazania 'Sunshine Mix', Delphinium 'Pacific Giant Mix' and Poppy 'Hens and Chicks' :) Now I need some gloves, more potting soil (have the other stuff I need) and I will be a gardner :!: :!: :!: Toni, did I make the correct choices for my area :?:

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. toni
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Sherry8
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Isn't it strange how these trolleys always head off to the gardenong sections all by themselves? Ian swears they can read my mind!!! :D :D Your garden is going to look soooo good with all those treasures in it that you picked up Kuntrygal. :stew1:

4. budagardener

budagardener Seedling

Hello Kuntrygal! Sounds like a nice mix.
    Did you by any chance see and Peacock Glad bulbs at Walmart? I remember they are extremely fragrant and I've always been successful with them in the ground and in pots.

I am not allowed to go to Walmart or Home Depot for awhile.....went way crazy myself! :oops:

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Ooohhh, they all sound wonderful! I can't wait to go plant shopping again!

Advertisement
  6. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Budagardner, I know they had many Glads, but didn't notice that particular kind. I am going back tomorrow (shame on me) and will look. I am excited about getting mine planted ... so I can 'hurry up and wait for them to peek their little heads out of the soil' :)

7. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I AM SO JEALOUS!!! We are in the middle of a "Winter Storm Warning" planting is the farthest thing from our minds :( The schools are closed, some businesses are closed and the roads are treacherous. I'm not sure how much snow we have on the ground right now. The warning is supposed to last until 10pm. According to the weather man we don't have it too bad, there are other places south of us that are much worse off. However, all the snow and cold is very good for my bulbs and peonies! They will put on a pretty show when spring arrives in April or May!
    Deanna
    :-D

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sounds like you have a lot of nice bulbs, you shouldn't have any problems with them.
    I have never tried the Freesias, I see them at the store but have had my mind set on Glads, Iris and Daylilies for a few years and just never bought them. My oldest daughter calls them "Froot Loop" plants because their fragrance reminds her of her favorite cereal from childhood.

9. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Wow, thats great, looks like i need to get to our WM here!!

10. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Toni, that is hilarious :D I like Freesia fragrance of body sprays and bath products. So I thought I would try this. Hope all my plans and hopes come to fruition :!:

11. Wrennie

Wrennie In Flower

I wonder if my WMart has their pring stuff in yet...

12. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Oh you found some goodies Kuntrygal .I can't wait to get home and check out our WalMarts.I love Freesia's the smell is heavenly when they bloom.

13. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Glenda, I can't wait for you to get home also!

14. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

I'm green with envy. We're dealing with rain and slop on top of the snow now. Pretty unusual at this time of year...it sure would be great if it were snow instead. I've had good luck in the past with bareroot plants from Walmart. I've bought a lot of peonies and daylilies BR from them, and they're all doing great. Happy planting!

15. ejagno

ejagno New Seed

Wow, my buggy did the exact same thing.............2 days in a row. Sounds like you will have a lovely garden this spring. I picked up some roses. Okay, 8 rose bushes after today. I use to have a rose bed with a variety of wonderful colors and scents in my back yard (pre-hurricane Rita). This time I want to move it to my front yard and keep my back yard strictly for food crops such as fruits, vegetables and berries along with their companion plants (flowers and herbs) to repel bugs.

Not all Wal Marts have their spring plants out yet. We have 4 Wal-Marts and only 1 had some of their spring plants in.

Oh, I spent last Sunday digging, amending and planting a ton of daylily bulbs in two beds that lead in and out of my back french doors. My biggest concern is that they won't get enough full sun because part of it is close to the house.

16. dirt2diamonds

dirt2diamonds In Flower

I'm going to my Wal-mart store today. I'm broke but I can't resist checking to see if there is anything for me to get tommorrow.