Do I Transplant my Christmas Cactus?

Discussion in 'Houseplants' started by stratsmom, Oct 27, 2007.

1. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

After seeing photos of all the gorgeous Christmas cactus that you all own I decided to get in on the action. I bought a pretty white one last season. It has been sitting on the window sill in my office, doing quite nicely. I just noticed itty bitty buds on it!! Well, at least I think they are flower buds :stew1: It is still potted in the little pot it came in. Do you think I should put it in a bigger pot with fresh soil to nourish the new buds or just leave it alone since it seems to be okay? The soil in the little pot seems pretty tight and dry.
    Deanna
    :-D

2. Loading...

3. purlgold

purlgold New Seed

Christmas Cactus

My husband has a great deal of success with Christmas Cactus. Do not repot now. Wait until it stops blooming. Be very careful not to overwater as this will make it drop all the blooms. When the top of the dirt is dry, water modestly.
    D

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I'd wait too Deanna.
    My Christmas cactus is already blooming :)

5. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

grph, my christmas cactus mostly just seems to want to die, shrivelly leaves and whatnot. Gotta hit the garden book and see what I'm doing wrong!

Advertisement
  6. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Thanks for the advice!! I'll leave it alone. I've had some get buds and the buds drop off, has to be over watering :( I am very guilty of loving my plants to death :D
    Deanna
    :-D

7. kneidl

kneidl New Seed

I didn't realise that the plant that is on my window sill is a christmas cacti I thought it was some sort of cacti (it was a present some months ago) I was very excited when the little red buds appeared how long does it take for them to blossom fully