Do you ever cheat?

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by koszta kid, May 20, 2012.

1. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

One of the containers wasn't looking the best. Added some FAKE Silk Flowers. Had gal drop me off. Boy that is so pretty. Then had to tell her some wasn't real. Got good :D

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Ronni
      Replies:
      Views:

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Yes, I did cheat once. We had a young apple tree, and my neighbor said it wouldn't ever bear fruit (something about the way we planted it or where we put it) so I bought apples and tied them to the limbs. I never did like that know-it-all neighbor.

4. Tina

Tina Young Pine

:D
    I still have the fake rose in my patio - I like to call it 'filler' till I have something ready for that spot.

5. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Dh best friend. I all ways had contest Who got First Tomato. I also tied some to plant where he could see them when he pulled in drive. Got Big grin when he seen what I had done.Told that story at his funeral.

stratsmom likes this.

Advertisement
  6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

About 35 years ago my mother-in-law added a beautiful white fake flowers all over a Carpet Juniper just for me, as a joke. I was not very plant worthy, and of course, I thought they were real. It was a very funny day and this has brought back many wonderful memories. She was really a good practical joker. I loved her so much.

Barb in Pa.

7. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

I wish I had camera when Bart pulled in and seen tomato . And daughters told me thank you many times talking about him at funeral.He and my Dh was like brothers. And me with his wife.She had me promise to quit smoking . Dying of cancer- Threw them away-20 years ago when I came home. And give to cancer research in Her name.

8. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

I don't think I have, but not sure. At this place, I have so many flowers and plants growing, I give away a lot. I just hope I can get food things growing too, and have plenty to share with others.

Connie, I am glad you were able to quit smoking. My dad struggled for years before he finally quit for good; I have other friends and family trying to quit.

9. lukeypukey

lukeypukey In Flower

haha marlin . . . like your style :D

10. lukeypukey

lukeypukey In Flower

marlin was your neighbour not suspicious when full size apples just appeared on your tree?? hehe

11. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Night owl. Got big box of silk flowers.And other things to add to containers
    Had gal tell me I spend lot of $$ on flowers. Told her I can afford them. I quit smoking many years ago. She just paid $70 for carton.

12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Lukey, that neighbor was not the sharpest tack in the box, if you know what I mean. He "knew it all" but actually knew or noticed very little.

13. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Went to auction today. They had couple boxes of those glass globe things. I have tried using them to water containers. Just stick them in for decoration. Told lady i had them what I paid at Dollar General store . And what I paid for them. She paid 3 times as much :rolleyes: