Dooley's yard pics

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by dooley, Jun 2, 2007.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I went to take a picture of some wooden pots that we bought at a garage sale today. They do need refinished. dr thinks polyurethane or maybe painted. What do you think?
    [​IMG]

While I was out, I took a few others.
    One of the new yellow climber. The other two didn't grow yet. I'm still watering them.[​IMG]

Hollyhocks growing by the bridge, I didn't plant them.
    [​IMG]

Some kalenchoe in the corner of the little back yard.

[​IMG]

The little back yard where we made a sitting area. There is more but it's not finished. We still need the river rock in this area. Chance was waiting for me.

[​IMG]

And some bears that needed a home. They came home with us today. Mama Bear is watching over them.
    [​IMG]

dr bought lots of things to resell and I bought some garden books for 50cents each. What was a quick trip took all day. It seems like everytime we turned a corner there was another sale. I like days like this, but it is tiring. It was really hot too and we had to stop a couple of times for something to drink. I don't know why but I didn't take my cooler bag with water today. Dooley

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. dooley
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. dooley
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I've been looking for wooden planters like the ones you bought Dooley. What a wonderful find!!! I'd be tempted to simply warnish them. Around here paint tends to flake off with the frosts we have.

Those hoolyhocks look good beside the bridge - I get a lot of plants growing in the garden that I know I didn't put there - some of them are lovely but others are just weeds.

How many teddies do you have now?

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I'm not sure how many bears I have now. I've lost count. dr says over 400. They just keep moving in here. Last week three little coca cola polar bears moved in. They were from McDonald Happy Meals, still in their little sealed bags.
    I was all done planting things so I'm not sure why I bought the pots. Now, I have to look for something to put in them and a place to put them. Dooley

5. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

The pots are quite a find Dooley, I really like them. I am with Eileen, just varnish. I wish I could get hollyhocks to grow like that, I think you not only have your green thumb, but mine also. The seating area you and dr have created looks very inviting.

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Love those planters Dooley! I'm with the others...just varnish.
    400 bears? That is a LOT!

7. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I love your great find,like all the others just varnish.I think you will find something to plant in those planters :).The bears are adorable.