Favourite holiday destinations

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

The summer is approaching again and everyone will start thinking about their holidays very soon.

Has anyone got any good recommendations for great holiday destinations? Maybe they are cheap, unique or just somewhere you have to visit.

My personal recommendation is Malta. Great holiday destination, people are very friendly, prices are low and of course the weather is fantastic almost all year round :)

Let's hear yours.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Has to be HOLLAND for me!!! Ian (my husband) and I are off there in April to see the bulb fields and go to a flower show that is only held there every five years. All their plants and bulbs are soooooo cheap compared to here too.

4. LynneBee

LynneBee New Seed

My holiday is where I live we have many many Norwegians and germans pay a lot just to visit and I get it all for free

5. robertmcgee

robertmcgee New Seed

Favourite holiday destination

My favourite is St Lucia. Hire a car, go find yourself a guide and climb the Gros Piton. It takes about 1.5 to 2 hrs to get to the top. Totally exhausting! But well worth it. Without doubt some of the most inspriring landscape and plants you will ever see. Best time of year is Dec to March. Not as expensive as you might think. Will be going back to Grenada to climb Mt St Catherine when the vegetation has grown back!

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Sounds good robert I'm sure there is some quite interesting vegetation there alright.

Welcome to the forums by the way :) Maybe you would like to introduce yourself to the other members here http://www.gardenstew.com/viewtopic.php?t=3

I checked out your website, quite nice!