Favourite song of all time?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

So what is everybody's favourite song of all time. I am interested to hear about the wide spectrum of taste among all the members 8)

My favourite song is:

Ashes To Ashes - David Bowie

What about you guys and gals?

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Mine has got to be Bridge Over Troubled Waters by Simon and Garfunkle. I could listen to it all day!!

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Yes I love that song as well. It's very moving.

5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I like Sketches of Spain by Miles Davis. DR said that's not a song. It's only music. I guess I like only music then. Dooley

Advertisement
  6. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

'Wild Boys' by Duran Duran. I used to have the 12 inch version of this song and the video was excellent.

Now I prefer to listen to 'The Planets' by Gustav Holst in the house. Or Tai Chi music in the garden.

C.J.

7. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

AAAGGGHHH Don't make me choose!

I guess it is Wonderful Tonight by Eric Clapton, but I love anything that Ella Fitzgerald sings.

8. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

Although my previous post was my favourite song, I have to admit that the band I liked best around the early 80s was Adam and the Ants.

Even now, years later, if I hear one of their songs on the radio, I remember why I liked them so much.

C.J.

9. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

I'm like Dooley . I like music , one of my favourite pieces is George Gerswins Rhapsody in Blue .
    Many years ago, Mrs. Bugs and I spent some time in Cuba . As a surprise Mrs. B arranged with a friend of mine to visit the National Symphony Orchestra in Havana . It was during their lunchtime so I got to meet all the orchestra . The surprise was yet to come :eek: Mrs. B and I were placed in the centre of the orchestra , with our coffees and they played Gerswin for me . Surround sound , hi fi , nothing compares to that day in 1986 .
    Maybe Leonard Cohen in 1969 ? thats another story :D 8) Bugs

10. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh, I love Rhapsody in Blue ... the opening clarinet sequence, Oscar Levant at the piano and the Philadelphia Orchestra led by Eugene Ormandy....volume up and my headphones on. Wonderful way to spend a few minutes. Would have loved to hear it in a live performance.

I guess my favorite would depend on which "life" it represented for me. And while most of them are still close to the top of the favorites list I would have to say Rhapsody in Blue is my all time favorite.

11. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Into The Mystic by Van Morrison is my favorite.

12. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Oh my! I dont think I have a favorite song! I listen to all kinds of music....I would have to put them in cats!

Lets see,

Classical- Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy -by I think ,Peter Illyich Tchaikovsky, (Id have to get up and look but I dont wanna). Love it!!!!! I would say I listen to that one more then any other type of music or song. Its very relaxing.

Lets see,
    Country- My favorite artist is Shana Twine. Her song " I feel like a woman" is my fav by her.
    I like her best before the baby. Her songs were more fun then,Now its more feelings.

Rock-Ozzy!!!! Have every one of his CDs.My faovire CD by him is No More Tears.
    -Mr. Tinkertrain
    -I Don't Want To Change The World (this song just decribes me! HA!)
    -Mama, I'm Coming Home
    -Desire
    -No More Tears
    -S.I.N. (This song helped me get throught after 9-11.Its the perfect song to decribe how I was feeling)
    -Hellraiser
    -Time After Time
    -Zombie Stomp
    -A.V.H.
    -Road To Nowhere
    -Don't Blame Me
    -Party With The Animals

Jazz- oh god theres so many!! I dont have just one!

R&B- Its a new a song out By Jamie FoxxIt was made for the Movie about Ray Charles life. It was the last song Ray Charles sang before he died. I think the song is called, Gold Digger. I just love the mix of the Blues and R&B in it. It works so well together.

And I just LOVE! The Eagles and Beach boys.

I live music I can relate too or shake my bum too!

13. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

My favorite song is Louie, Louie by Richard Berry, Rockin Robin Roberts, The Sonics, The Sandpipers, The Kingsmen, The Last, Eddie and the Subtitles, Les Dantz and his orchestra, The Rice University Marching Owl Band and about 300 other groups and last but not least--The Hallelouie Chorus by the Impossibles.

DR