Feeling old here!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Capt Kirk, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

I just realised that my son turns 35 next month! Hear my bones creak? Where did the time go? He still lives here at home and will probably spend his life as a bachelor. Says he can't afford women. Which is probably true! But he is a good man and helps me and his Mom out quite a bit. He enjoys his work and loves helping people. So he is a true joy to have around! But how did he get so old when I didn't age any? Hmmmmm?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. dooley
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. 2ofus
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

You're only as old as you feel I believe. I am 26 now but sometimes I feel a lot older but most times I still feel 18! :)

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

My youngest son is 38 and my oldest is 43. I have one in between who is the manager here at the library. I like having him near as the others are in California and Wisconsin. I got my medicare card a couple of weeks ago. I said it made me feel old. My neighbor said if that made me feel old just wait unitl my youngest got his medicare card. I guess that would make me feel OLDER! Dooley

5. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Here in Ohio, we have Golden Buckeye cards. You show them at restraunts and stores and they give you senior citizens discounts. They send them at age 60. My wife got her's about a month ago and she said why are they sending this to me? I said welcome to the Old Farts Club !

6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

My 'kids' are 33, 26 and 22 years old and when I look at them I do wonder sometimes how they grew up soooo quick!!! It's only 6 years until I get my senior citizens bus pass but I still feel about the same age as Laura, my youngest, most days inside..... it's just the outside that's showing all the signs of aging!!! :cry: Sometimes I look in the morror and wonder who the old woman is who's looking back at me. :D :D