Filling the available space in the greenhouse

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Kiasmum, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

Frank, eileen, stratsmom and 3 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Karin your greenhouse puts mine to shame as it's so neat and tidy. All your plants look so good and I hope you can get them outdoors soon.

4. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

Thank you Eileen,so do I. I have decided to hedge my bets with the tomato plants this year because we had no tomatoes at all last year from the outdoor plot.I am keeping half of each of the 4 varieties in the greenhouse and only putting half outside.Fingers crossed.

5. chocolate

chocolate In Flower

Lovely healthy plants...hope they give good produce, makes it all worthwile then doesn't it?

oubee and Kiasmum like this.

Advertisement
  6. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

It certainly does.There is nothing like being able to walk down to the raised beds or greenhouse and bringing back something delicious to eat :p

oubee likes this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

This all looks good to me. I just got the last of my things planted today. My greenhouse looks so empty now. I pruned the toms two days ago. They have plenty of room now.
    You have lots of interesting-looking stuff there, miss.

Kiasmum likes this.
  8. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Kiasmum, Very nice greenhouse. Puts mine to shame also. Now, tomorrow, I will go out and clean mine...

Thank you very much. :-D :-D :-D

carolyn and Kiasmum like this.
  9. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Karin, do you have room to plant one or two of those tomatoes in your greenhouse? If so, I would encourage you to do it. Use the space for the summer, don't empty the greenhouse out and leave it empty for the season. We converted one of our greenhouses into a growing in the ground house and I am just now picking ripe tomatoes out of there and the outside tomatoes are just getting blossoms on them. I think you will be amazed at the return on the space if you can do it. It also keeps the foliage dry and more disease free than growing outside.
    I wish I had my camera to show you what they look like today, but it is in the Dominican Republic on a missions trip with one of my boys.

Kiasmum likes this.
  10. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

Carolyn,after the disastrous Summer we had last year I'm not taking any chances this year and will be keeping half in large pots inside while the other half will have to put up with whatever mother nature deals out.

Last year,for the first time, I planted out all the tomato plants I had and 2 months later I pulled them all up again as they hadn't grown at all in that time :( disheartening ,to say the least and not something to repeat.

11. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Yeah, I understand that. We had the wettest ever summer two years ago and last year was the driest ever. No win either year!