"First Official Snow" of the Season...

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Bluewolf, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Bluewolf

Bluewolf Seedling

Well We had our first "official" snow...on Monday
    Got up at 4 everything was fine..got in the shower a little before 6
    when I got out BF hollered up at me "You're not gonna be happy"
    He's watching the news and I can hear the weathe guesser saying snow as I am coming down
    the stairs and I look out and we have snow falling I'm guessing maybe an 1/8 of an inch you can see it but it's not really a blanket

By 6:15 there is a 5 car pileup on the interstate and 13 seperate accidents thru out my neck of the city
    and I had to go to the VA this morning

Driving on Colosium wasn't to bad Hobson wasn't to bad but when I turned off of Hobson on to Lake "WHEEEEEE"
    I slid around that corner even tho I had come to a complete stop

So I decided I better go get some sand bags for the truck as BF hasn't driven a "4 Wheeler" in snow for at least 6 years
    I did all the driving up until 2 months ago he only has to go 3 blocks but we can't afford to lose my truck

anywho 3 hours later I get home and let the pooches out....You should have seen my little Re****!!!

she evidently never saw snow before she was tearing across the yard darting from one spot to another scooping up small mouthfuls of snow at each point and our little pond being frozen???? oh she thought that was the most amazing thing
    to be able to run across the pond!! she was scooping up snow scraping it away and then when she saw her reflection???

She started to yip at the puppy in the pond wanting it to play with her!!!

Das Boo just stood out in the middle of the yard watchin her with this look of "What a dork" on her face

I can't wait to see what she does when we get a decent acumulation

Now we currently have a rain,shrain,snow,sleet mix

not sure what we are gonna end up with..but it is gonna be a doosy...with lots of wind!!! :(

2. Loading...

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Oh my goodness.Its bad here too but the people seem to know how to drive on it .I would have love to have seen your little dog in the snow.He sounds like a fun dog.

4. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

It hadn't done much of anything here today,now we are getting a little bit of rain with some sleet mixed in. My son just got home from work and he said the roads weren't too bad yet. It is supposed to warm up over night and turn to all rain. We are on the southern end of the storm. Then Wed. night it's supposed to turn over to snow. Supposed to be windy here tomorrow too.

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Aww, that would have been so cute to see your puppy in the snow! I get to watch a new batch of horses see the first snow each year...they sure have a great time in it! Your day sounds like what we are getting here tomorrow. I hope the winds fizzle out a bit by the time they get here.

Advertisement
  6. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

I like that -- weather guesser, BW...
    Sounds like a wild day...
    Our weather guesser says we're supposed to get the sleety/freezing rain mess starting at 8 pm.... It's 8:40 and so far, so dry... I think we will just get rain.
    Be Safe Everyone!!!

7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Take care of yourselves Bluewolf, and everybody with snow please drive carefully.

I so adore animals in the first snow. They go bananas, just like the children. :D Our flat coat enjoyed the snow so much she ran from pile to pile to play in spring.

8. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Hard to tell how much we have gotten so far. They said 14 inches but the wind is so strong it is making huge piles and some areas with just 6-8 inches.

Drive safely everyone that is getting hit with Blizzard Allison.

9. petunia

petunia Young Pine

From our local news this afternoon, so far we received about 8 inches plus with still more on the way. Over 200 school closings today. So everyone stay safe out there. :)

10. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

We had rain overnight and this morning. Now we are getting the wind and just a little snow in showers. The biggest part came through on a warm front. Now the cold front is coming through. They are saying no accumulation for us. The temps have been dropping though. At 11 am it was 48 deg. and now at 2 pm it is at 35. Some areas around here have been having power outages from trees coming down onto power lines. But so far here we have power. (knock on wood)

11. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Every body in the path of the snow storm -- be careful, stay safe and keep warm.... it sounds like a doozy.