First time at this site

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Newdaawn, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Newdaawn

Newdaawn New Seed

:smt041

I think this site is going to be very informative. I am certainly not a master gardener but am learning about perennials and enjoy my yard and adding things to it each year. I live in US in Maine, my husband and I are both retired and have a grown son and daughter. We live in a 1917 house and are always in the process of fixing it up.

Newdaawn

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Newdaawn :wave: and you're very welcome to GardenStew! You will find lots of great info on the site and if you can't you can just ask us and we will do all that we can to help :D If you are fixing up your home you will love the home improvment forum ;)

Looking forward to getting to know about you and your garden.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Morning NewDaawn it's lovely to have you here with us at GardenStew. :D Check out some of the members blogs - they're great!!! As Frank says if you have any questions we'll be happy to help you out or if you have any tips for us we'd love to hear them.
    I hope you make your stay with us a long one. Looking forward to getting to know you better. :)

5. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Hi from Ohio, USA! I lived in Maine for 3 years. I ws stationed at Brunswick Naval Airstation. We lived in Lisbon Falls for a year and at Richmond for 2 years. Glad to see you here!

Advertisement
  6. Newdaawn

Newdaawn New Seed

Thanks for the welcome - Capt. Kirk - interesting to me that you spent time in at Brunswick - as you probably know it has been closed recently. I'm not too familiar with the Lisbon area but my daughter did do an internship for teaching at Auburn High School which is in that same area. We are having a very mild winter here so far. Seems very nice but I'm sure there is much snow and cold ahead as we still have February and March ahead of us. Looking forward to getting to know all of you too. I do have a chat aquaintance I may invite to join me here. She lives in upstate NY.

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Feel free to invite as many as you want Newdaawn :smt023: The more the merrier!

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Newdaawn,
    Welcome to gardenstew. There is a lot of good info here.
    Maine is one of the places I would love to visit, I have an email friend in Kennebunkport who I am really hoping to finally get to meet sometime this year.

Toni

9. Baccybabs

Baccybabs New Seed

Hello Newdaawn .. I'm new here as well !

Hope you enjoy the site as I am doing :)

10. bluebells

bluebells Seedling

Hello Newdaawn, welcome i am fairley new here also, seems a very nice site lots to look at and games to play besides all you can learn.take care, Bluebells.